no change in AVM, some some jayk any updates ?

tt tt

Registered Users (C)
I am getting bugged by the same old AVM message...maybe I can persuade my lawyer to send in another fax.
(wac-02-035, AVM 975-999, FP 3/19)

Have you guys checked with IIO to make sure the IBIS background check have been done? Otherwise, I think the messsage won't be changed, that's what the IIO told me

Good luck

I tried to check with IIO..

but they keep referring to it by different names:
each time they confirmed that FBI checks, security clearnace, background checks have been done.
last time the IIO even said that the file has been moved to an area to be queued for officer assignement...I just dont know what else to ask. In the mean time the message never changes, IIO confirmed that FBI FP was received on 4/29, over 6 weeks after I did it on 3/19 :(
anyhow will wait till the end of the week and then ask if lawyer is willing to send another fax.

:confused:

AVM changes based on IBIS check (or FBI background check) is a load of Crap. IIO's are known to fool the applicants. They told one of my colleague that the case is approved and still the case is not approved. I did my FP on June 18th and AVM still says 955 days crap. My spouse did her FP on July 30th and the AVM updated on July 31st (does IBIS take only 1 day... Gimme a break.. Its all random). But, guys just hang in there!

My AVM did change

I have not spoken to an IIO, but intially the message used to say,....it is taking betwen 975........

Now it simply states, FP results received, processing has resumed.

There is no 975 days thing anymore.

I wonder what it means.

Any thoughts

AmitB

No AVM update for me as well

Hi,

My WAC is 02-001-***** , I just called IIO today,
they told me my case has not been assigned yet.
Also my AVm still says ..999 days message. I asked them about no AVM update, as they have received my FP. They told me they don't handle AVM.

:confused:

I remember the IIO told us that

the FBI background check was complete and its just waiting to be assigned. I dont think that everyone with the 999 day message is still awaiting security clearance. I certainly hope not.

I dont believe the what they say on the phone, and they dont say a whole lot. So I'm not going to call for a while and just wait for some approvals to come and boy... have they been few and far between

Does anyone know what is the procedure INS follows:
Here is what I think.

1. After you complete your FP, ASC transmits the FP to FBI directly.
2. FBI does the verification and sends the results back to INS.
3. Whoever receives it may / may not update the AVM.
4. He / She puts the file in ready shelf (not sure about this).
5. Officer picks up the case and does the IBIS check and other checks.

I don't know where to insert the background check. Is this really happens?

Message still 975 - 999 days ....

My WAC#: WAC-02-040-5XXXX. I got my FP done on 3/20/02 but the AVM message is still the same old stuff... I am tired of that.

We can't trust the AVM. In the mean time we can't anything other than waiting...

talked to lawyer about Fax inquiry

he said that they would send another one towards the end of this month. basically he is also in the wait and watch mode since INS does not respond correctly to fax inquiries unless past the JIT date. So I guess I will keep calling the IIO every week and checking the AVM every day. No change in AVM as of today.:mad: :confused:

WAC-02-13X-XXXXX

FP : April 24th
yesterday AVM changed to process resumed..........
I used to check AVM daily once, till yesterday is used to say 975-999 days.....blah.....blah....

Hey Dec02,
You may want to call up IIO to see if the case is assigned to an officer. If yes, we can come up with a theory stating that, if the AVM changed after a long delay, then some action took place.