• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

NO case number, need to know my interview date

ronga

Registered Users (C)
hey guys , my brother realized that he had won dv 2011 late july bt did not received 1nl,
so he called kcc and they told him to download forms and send them. he send this forms on august 10, my questions are these:
--how does he know whether his case has been processed
-- how can he get his case number
--- how can he know when the 2nd nl is coming and his interview date minus the case number. thanks guys need your input.

- try to make a call and ask. You can also email. Explain your situation. If he sent all the forms it should be processed.
- Try harassing KCC explainning why you dont have it and you really need it to know your interview date. It seems some people successfully applied this strategy.
- He cant without the CN :)

- try to make a call and ask. You can also email. Explain your situation. If he sent all the forms it should be processed.
- Try harassing KCC explainning why you dont have it and you really need it to know your interview date. It seems some people successfully applied this strategy.
- He cant without the CN :)

Yes, I agree to that. Peace! Benniit

i also dont know my case number
i was out of my home city for field work for about 5 months and i
came back on nov 3,2010 and then i checked my status online and
i am one of the selectee but when i check my mail they told me that
they already sent the NL back to kCC...i sent the DS..forms back to
KCC on n0v 11,2010 and got DHL delivery info on nov 16,2010 but
i dont know how to get my case numer back.pls give me some info

keep on sending email to kcc to request this number. i m also in this problem and i sent email to kcc but they dont give my CN but i intend to resent email to request again. i hop they will give me

hi jamal82
have u asked KCC about the delivery of ut document,as i can see from ur signiture it shuld arrive to them by now

i also dont know my case number
i was out of my home city for field work for about 5 months and i
came back on nov 3,2010 and then i checked my status online and
i am one of the selectee but when i check my mail they told me that
they already sent the NL back to kCC...i sent the DS..forms back to
KCC on n0v 11,2010 and got DHL delivery info on nov 16,2010 but
i dont know how to get my case numer back.pls give me some info
fikaleb,
You have at least two to three months till kcc completes the processing of your forms. They will allocate an interview date for your case after that. Therefore, you have time and I am sure they will give you your case number in the coming couple of months. You shouldn't worry about being current recently, you have at least two to three months to go. You will be fine and will come here to tell as what your case number is. Post offices should have kept dv notification letters for the whole fiscal year as winners can apply any time in that given year. Unfortunately, in Ethiopia, they wait only for about 4-6 months before sending letters back to where they came from. Anyway, I am sure it will work out for you and you just need to sit tight and act according to the turn of events. Good luck "yagere lij."

Thank u labora for ur response.
It takes 2-3 months to process my case for KCC,ait i'll be patient till than time but does that mean that i should wait that much time to get my case number or they will give it to me b4 that if i keep asking then.

Thank u labora for ur response.
It takes 2-3 months to process my case for KCC,ait i'll be patient till than time but does that mean that i should wait that much time to get my case number or they will give it to me b4 that if i keep asking then.

Hi fikaleb, of course they will give you ur case number even before they finish processing ur forms. Just e mail them every two weeks till they do so. Good luck.

I already sent one last friday and i'll keep sending every friday till i get it back in the mean time i'll post the response from them so that others will learn from it.i am hoping that i'll get it soon.thank you again

here is the response from KCC

Thank you for your inquiry,

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY).

Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:56 AM
To: KCC DV
Subject: Please Help

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am one of the selected applicants of the 2011 Diversity Visa Lottery with the following details;
Confirmation Number: 20111XKYIZVxxxxx
Familly Name: xxxxx
First Name : xxxxx
Middle Name: xxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxx
I have sent my DS-230 and DSP-122 documets on 11-11-2010 and i want to know whether it is delivered to u or not but unfortunetly i dont have case number coz i was out of my city for field work by that time,and at the same time with coincidence the owner of the Post box was out of Ethiopia hence the Post office returned the 1st notification letter back to u on 09-15-2010 as a result i couldnt follow up my case so please help me by sending my case number either via my email or by the following P.O.box adrress.Please help me.

when i requested my case number they always replied the same answer.how and when shall i send them again.please help

when i requested my case number they always replied the same answer.how and when shall i send them again.please help
Hi fikaleb,
Your case is not different from many winners who didn't get their 1st NL. They also had to ask kcc repeatedly before they got their case numbers. I am sure kcc will give u your case number once they have gone through your forms and that may take some weeks. What you need to do is to ask them every 2-3 weeks. U will get into no trouble by e mailing them frequently. Good luck.

thank you labora,i will do that
Hi fikaleb,
Your case is not different from many winners who didn't get their 1st NL. They also had to ask kcc repeatedly before they got their case numbers. I am sure kcc will give u your case number once they have gone through your forms and that may take some weeks. What you need to do is to ask them every 2-3 weeks. U will get into no trouble by e mailing them frequently. Good luck.

Before sending kcc the message make sure your dob is in the requested format, thus mm-dd-yyyy(12-03-2010). I've just realised from your sig that u sent the forms jus last month. Pls give kcc @least, some four weeks from the time u sent the forms before contacting them. Peace! Benniit

Before sending kcc the message make sure your dob is in the requested format, thus mm-dd-yyyy(12-03-2010). I've just realised from your sig that u sent the forms jus last month. Pls give kcc @least, some four weeks from the time u sent the forms before contacting them. Peace! Benniit

I have emailed a request of receit of my forms 4weeks latter DHL confirmation of delivery but their reply is
not what i expected,i dont think they will tell me anything if i dont have case number.here is what i get 2day.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am one of the selectee of DV 2011 with the following details

Confirmation Number:20111XKYIZV6xxxx
Full Name:LN,FN MN
Case Number:unknown yet
Date of Birth:mm-dd-yyyy

I have sent my DS-230 and DSP-122........

fromKCC DV <KCCDV@state.gov>
dateThu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:12 PM
subjectRE: Request to get confirmation of receit of my forms
mailed-bystate.gov

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY).

Again i got the same response for my request of receipt of documents,after 6weeks since DHL
confirmation,from KCC.even my relative from USA called them to get some information about
my case providing them my confirmation number,date of birth and full name but they told him to
tell me just to wait for my second notification letter and they wont tell me anything concerning my case
so i decided to email them after 3months,since after DHL confirmed delivery.here is the response:

Kentucky Consular Center

Support Contractor-Serco/mam

Email: KCCDV@State.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Again i got the same response for my request of receipt of documents,after 6weeks since DHL
confirmation,from KCC.even my relative from USA called them to get some information about
my case providing them my confirmation number,date of birth and full name but they told him to
tell me just to wait for my second notification letter and they wont tell me anything concerning my case
so i decided to email them after 3months,since after DHL confirmed delivery.here is the response:

Kentucky Consular Center

Support Contractor-Serco/mam

Email: KCCDV@State.gov

im in the same problem with u my guy
i sent many email to kcc requesting my case number but i receive the same message like u just come to receive. but i m going to send email each month to request my case number before my second letter.

good luck my guy and happy new year 2011

I was in the same situation.

I stopped sending emails to KCC and started calling the local US Embassy (every beggining of the month). They checked me by my Last and First Name. After 2 tries (december and january) they told me I am scheduled in february for the interview.

Good luck to you all

I was in the same situation.

I stopped sending emails to KCC and started calling the local US Embassy (every beggining of the month). They checked me by my Last and First Name. After 2 tries (december and january) they told me I am scheduled in february for the interview.

Good luck to you all

Hi chupakbra,i wanna say congra it's a huge relief to get a schedule with out knowing your case number.by the way have u ever called to kcc requesting ur schedule?and if can pls update ur signature so that we can know after how many weeks u got ur schedule.since your schedule is in February kcc had sent your 2NL so u better check ur mail box frequently and start gathering all your documents.Good luck