No Card But Stamped. Can I Go To India For Travel?

whoareyou

Registered Users (C)
HI, I HAVE GOT A STAMP ON MY PASSPORT FOR ONE YEAR AND NOT RECEIVED THE CARD. I HAVE TO GO TO INDIA VERY SOON AND I DON'T THINK THAT I WOULD GET THE CARD BY THEN. WOULD THERE BE ANY PROBLEM IN COMING BACK?

WHAT ABOUT IN INDIA WHERE THE CUSTOM OFFICERS (IN INDIA) ALSO CHECK THE VISA WHILE COMING TO US? WOULD THEY UNDERSTAND THIS STAMP?

I AM WORRIED ABOUT COMING BACK TO US FROM INDIA WHERE IN INDIA THEY CHECK YOUR VISA AS MY VISA IS EXPIRED AND I WON'T BE HAVING ANY GREEN CARD.

PLEASE HELP BY REPLYING.

Originally posted by whoareyou
HI, I HAVE GOT A STAMP ON MY PASSPORT FOR ONE YEAR AND NOT RECEIVED THE CARD. I HAVE TO GO TO INDIA VERY SOON AND I DON'T THINK THAT I WOULD GET THE CARD BY THEN. WOULD THERE BE ANY PROBLEM IN COMING BACK?

WHAT ABOUT IN INDIA WHERE THE CUSTOM OFFICERS (IN INDIA) ALSO CHECK THE VISA WHILE COMING TO US? WOULD THEY UNDERSTAND THIS STAMP?

I AM WORRIED ABOUT COMING BACK TO US FROM INDIA WHERE IN INDIA THEY CHECK YOUR VISA AS MY VISA IS EXPIRED AND I WON'T BE HAVING ANY GREEN CARD.

PLEASE HELP BY REPLYING.

It not very clear from your post if you stamp expired. If it did then you need to re-stamp it. Otherwise I believe you are good to travel abroad. India should not be an exception as long as you have a valid stamp on the passport.

Please check/confirm with your atty. before you leave the country.

stamp is valid

my passport was stamped just a month back.

i don't have any attorney. so, need your advice.

U are Fine

U will not have any problems...
A stamp is perfectly fine to travel back from India...

So no need to worry, Untill U stamp is current, do not worry..trvel freely..

asdasd, ? for you

do indian immigration officers (IIO!!!) easily identify the stamp as a temp proof of permanent residency in the US?

there's nothing in the stamp that indicates US, and unlike a visa, it's not glossy and does not have the 'authentic' look.

ramukv.