No birth certificate from China, is notarial certificate enough for record of birth requiremen?

kwk

I am trying to file I -485 for my dad, one of the document needed is his birth certificate. He was born in China in 1935 and no birth certificate was issued back then. He does have a notarial certificate of birth (Gong Zheng Chu) from China's Notarial Office. Does he still need to have 2 affidavits from relatives or is the notarial certificate good enough to fulfill the record of birth requirement?

I am trying to file I -485 for my dad, one of the document needed is his birth certificate. He was born in China in 1935 and no birth certificate was issued back then. He does have a notarial certificate of birth (Gong Zheng Chu) from China's Notarial Office. Does he still need to have 2 affidavits from relatives or is the notarial certificate good enough to fulfill the record of birth requirement?

Please see http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html and read about the required documents. USCIS uses the State Department information found here.

USCIS accept the notarial certificate of birth (from Gong Zheng Chu).
No need to have the 2 affidavits.