No b/c

canuckbro

Registered Users (C)
I have a bit of problem. My parents were born in Hyderabad before the police action and can't get a b/c. NVC told me that this could be a problem. I have sworn affidavits outlining my experiences with the Indian Consulate, is there any way to get something from someone in India who can state that those birth records are unavailable? Nobody is around (everyone older is deceased) who can testify to parents' birth and Indian consulate will not give letters to indicate b/c not available for Hyderabad prior to 1948. Any ideas?

Did you try your local MRO office, where your parents were born? Maybe there are provisions made for such kinds of instances....

I'm Canada so I'm dealing with the Consulate in Toronto. I'm not familiar with the government in Hyderabad and neither are my parents since they haven't lived there since the early 1950s. I went to the website but have not been able to figure out who I should write to. Any ideas on who to contact or how to send an e-mail to them. I fear that if I can't produce birth certificates or letters that state that they are unavailable for the USCIS people in Montreal, my parents are going to be refused.

canuckbro, assuming your parents birth did happen in Hyderabad you can do the following. Get a Non Availability Certificate from the local municipal corporation (Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad I guess). I know someone who were in the same situation as your parents and had no problem. The non availability certificate will have to be backed up by the sworn affidavits from relatives (older than your parents if possible. Older siblings would be ideal) who are personally aware of your parents birth.

I'll see if I can find an address on the web, unless you can give me a hint or something. My parents are both Seniors so there isn't anyone alive who is older. I did send an e-mail to the secretary of the Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad but so far I've had no response.