No AOS/COS/EOS

ppp1234

Registered Users (C)
My mom came here on B1/B2 visa. At POE officer stamped I-94/Passport with a note "No AOS/COS/EOS". I will become US citizen next month. Will I be able to apply for her adjustment of status or the note No AOS will create any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why take the risk? Send your mom back and apply for consular processing. It's just one more trip. Unlike when applying for a visa abroad, an approved CP petition is relatively safer.

oh and i forgot - if you apply for AOS, USCIS may later decide that she came to US for the sole purpose of applying for AOS and hence violated the terms of B-visa. B visa is NOT a dual intent visa like H, so you are taking a big risk applying for AOS (or for that matter, even converting from B to H inside US)

That annotation

Is there because the officer correctly figured that your Mom was representing herself as a tourist when her true intention was to immigrate, but he probably couldn't prove it. So he did the next best thing and put those notes on her I-94 so you'd have no choice to do things the right way.

Need help !!! Please

the I-94 says no eos no cos and aos, is marriage still ok? girlfriend visiting back but had that stamped on her I-94. And now she wants to get married with me (Im a citizen ) . Is it effective when we file form I-485 / or file form I-765 apply for green card and when we go to interview with the officer ?thank you...appreciate

No EOS No AOS

Hi All, just want to tell everybody who got these marks in their passports, or their loved ones passports. My girlfriend got stopped at the border and was questioned for 3 hours about why she comes so many times to US and stays for so long with her B2 visa. She got multiple entry visa and did not violate any rules, so it was very unpleasant expirience. I went to this forum half a year ago to read what it means and what I read was the same that all of you did - not a good story. The buttom line is that i went to a lawer and he told me that CBP does not have an authority to prevent people from applying for the EOS, AOS. Since than I married and we applied for I485, I130, we passed the interview and got conditional green card. Thi is just makes your case a little more difficult but all depends on the oficer that interviews you and what you say happened. So please, don't lissten to peoples ideas about what it means or what it might mean seak professional advise, just like we did. Good luck to you all.

CBP does have authority to deny entry into the US. USCIS does have the authority to deny AOS. Just bear these two facts in mind. I am glad to read that things worked out for your wife, but everyone's mileage may vary.

The buttom line is that i went to a lawer and he told me that CBP does not have an authority to prevent people from applying for the EOS, AOS.

Hi All, just want to tell everybody who got these marks in their passports, or their loved ones passports. My girlfriend got stopped at the border and was questioned for 3 hours about why she comes so many times to US and stays for so long with her B2 visa. She got multiple entry visa and did not violate any rules, so it was very unpleasant expirience. I went to this forum half a year ago to read what it means and what I read was the same that all of you did - not a good story. The buttom line is that i went to a lawer and he told me that CBP does not have an authority to prevent people from applying for the EOS, AOS. Since than I married and we applied for I485, I130, we passed the interview and got conditional green card. Thi is just makes your case a little more difficult but all depends on the oficer that interviews you and what you say happened. So please, don't lissten to peoples ideas about what it means or what it might mean seak professional advise, just like we did. Good luck to you all.

Bumping up this "controversial" thread.

My mother (60 years old) was in the same situation. CBP put NO AOS/EOS/COS stamp (with 2 months visa expiration) on her passport at her last entry at Newark airport. I contacted few attorneys and response was 50/50. Some said it's better to file GC via Consular processing. Some said she is eligible to file GC from here.

We hired an attorney. We filed her GC within a month from her entry and received Receipt notices before her I-94 expiration. She was scheduled for I-485 initial interview. My mother and I (as a petitioner) went for I-485 interview today at Newark, NJ Office.

IO (african american male) asked for original birth certificates and asked several yes/no type questions from I-485. He also asked if she had my childhood photos which we had and showed to him. He also asked I-864 and i told that it was filed with original application. Key is some IO are lazy. So, it's better to take your filing copy with supporting documents. Interview lasted about 10-15 minutes.

He gave approval letter (saying recommended for approval of i-485/130) at the time of interview.

I just received "Card Production Email" from USCIS.

Those who are in similar situation, hire a competitive attorney. If you entered US legally and have no other criminal records and file i-130/485 before your i-94 expiration, you may be in LUCK like few of us in this thread