No activity in VSC - why?

skinnypup

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone heard any news, rumors about what is going in VSC? Oct. 1 (and the TPS deadline) has come and gone, and I'm seeing close-to-zero activity on rupnet.com and other forums.
FYI, I'm April 2002 ND and RD. 1st FP 06/02. 2nd FP notice not received.

GRRRR.

If you see the weekly updates by sbctsublc it is fairly steady. Only thing is there is still no pick up in speed. Maybe Oct is not a milestone at all that we expected to be.

yes, but

Things slowed down because of TPS - shouldn't they now speed up? Also with the 65k cap in H1B, after the cap expires for the year, what are the staff going to be doing who were working on that? I know it's stupid to expect there to be logic and sanity in the BCIS but thus far there has been a reason for every slow-down. Also, the spread in dates being processed has widened. I see people with RD 11/01 still getting approvals while I also see people with RD 04/02 getting approvals as well. This points to new staff being put on and getting batches of files to work on.

RFE

FYI: When I check my online status last night at 11:45 PM I saw an updated message.

On October 8, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed.

I can’t wait to see what is in it.

RD: 3/29/02
ND: 4/14/02
FP: 5/17/02 (FP1)

RFE: 10/8/03

EAC02161xxxxxx

lucky!

You are lucky to get an RFE. I'd be over the moon if I got one today. It means almost for sure that your case will not be transferred (one of my biggest fears because my local office is NYC).

my stats are quite close

My stats are RD: 04/01/02, ND: 04/16/02, FP: 06/03/02 and NOTHING thus far. Like I said, my biggest fear is transferral because the underlying petition is EB1-EA and we were married 07/00.

gotcha

ND: 3/14/2003
RD: 4/04/2003

Case filed with: VSC based on future employment,
1 FP: done at California on 05/24/2002

2 FP Notice/Arranged Date: 10/24/2003

we'll take chances by stopping by Oakland BCIS fingerprinting service earlier than 2nd FP date.