NJ Interview and Oath

wafwot

Registered Users (C)
I was interviewed in June 2003, and still waiting for oath letter. My Interview Results Form N-652 was noted as "A decision cannot yet be made about your application. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony." Anyone has a similar case or interest please drop me a line. Thanks!

wafwot

hey...

i was interviewd in NY and interviewer marked the following.

Your application for naturalization has been recommended for approval,IF finalapproval is granted , u will be notified when and where to report for oath ceremony.

My interview was on July 8th. 2003.

and i also had name change in my application.

and as of yet just waiting...

did u ask for name change??????

shaky...

Hi ms & shaky,

I did talked with 3 fellow-interviewees on the date we were interviewed, 1 of our 4 took oath the same day, each other 2 and me got a piece of paper and be told waiting for oath letter. "(B)" was checked on my paper, "(A)" were checked on the other 2's paper like shaky's. My understanding is that the double security check is all over the country without exception to Newark.

Name change does not apply to me, but is that matter? I think shaky may worry too much about it.

It seems to me that the more we want it the more hard time and delay we encountered. Just be patient, exchange our information, wish everybody good luck; don't forget to share your good news.

Almost forget, there was hand writing note on my paper: "G-325", does anyone have the same experience? or anyone knows about it? Thanks!

wafwot

Hey wafwot, did u get ur oath letter yet.?

plz keep up posted thank you.

shaky.

Re: wafwot

yes shaky, i got oath letter a month ago and everything was done by last week. on the oath day, i saw the lady who was interviewed the same day i was interviewed, and(FYI) a guy he was intervierwed in January. why and how? i don't know.
i got my oath letter 4-month after interview and another month wait to take oath. hope you will get yours soon. good luck!

Originally posted by shaky
Hey wafwot, did u get ur oath letter yet.?

plz keep up posted thank you.

shaky.

Congratulations to all who finally complete this process....

I have a quick question...

If you don't get your oath ceremony on the same day as the interview, can you travel (international) using your GC? Or do they take your GC at the interview?

Thanks

--Kiran

wahwot / kikikikikikiran

wahwot.. congratulations ....i think u are lucky one to get this messy dealing with ins over with. enjoy ur crisp blue passport soon.

Kiran. yes u can travel after interview and they dont take away ur green card after interview. they take ur green card away when u take ur oath and u are given naturalization cirtificate. and from there u get ur US passport and go for travel.

if u dont get same day oath u can travel using ur green card. BUT not so many ppl recommend to travel inbetween interview and oath. i guess there are some issues.

wafwot

one question... can u tell whats ur local bcis office and in which state u are.?

thanx alot.