NJ Driving Lic renewed for 4 yrs after GC

Samy70

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I renewed my NJ driving Lic this saturday at trenton DMV. Earlier I had 1 year license based on my EAD.
This time process was quick. Reached DMV at 8.15 AM & was out by 9.00 AM.
Documents required were Passport with I-551 stamp, Old lic & one proof of address.

Samy70
:) :p :) :p

IND NJ EB3
RD 7/8/02
ND 7/12/02
FP 8/29/02
FP2 6/4/04
AD 6/16/04
Passport Stamped 6/23/04
AC21 No RFE

Hi Samy
2 Quick Question
Regarding Approval. Can we go on any Day (i.e Wednesday) to get Passport Stamped or we they give us Time and date when to Come

Regarding NJ Driver Lic renewal Was ur License Expiring or you just went ahead and renewed

Thanks

I went with Advance Parole (I-94 stamped Paroled for AOS) and got 4 years of License in Springfield NJ. My license was expiring and they sent me the 6 point rule whatever crap that was.

Hi GC_KA_CHAKKAR

You have to go on Wed only but any Wed after you receive approval notice is fine.
Unlike FP there is no specific date or time for stamping. You need to go on any wed between 8AM - 12PM.
Better go early so that the process for plastic card can start early.
My DL was expiring on 7/22/04.

Hope this helps.

Samy70

Should we have to go to Trenton or Eatontown or etc., (few designated DMVs for immigrants) even if we have I-551 stamping or Green Card ?

I thought we can go to any DMV if we have I-551 stamping or Green Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Edison_NJ

When I got my previous NJ Lic based on my EAD they told that I can renew the lic only at regional DMV with valid proof of stay. My old Lic had
Temp INS Visa holder written on it. If you have this type of lic then even after getting GC you need to go to a regional DMV as they can take you out of visa holders system. Now I have regular 4 yr lic & can go to any dmv for next renewal. But changing from Visa status to GC requires visit to a regional DMV office.

Samy70
:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

do u get 4yr license

even though the stamp is only valid for one year? Thanks a lot. I need to renew my license in September and am worried if I don't get the actural card before then.