NJ Drivers License and EAD expiring on same day

DEC01

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I am in a position that, My NJ License, has been renewed twice based on my EAD Expiration dates, now it is again due for renewal on 24-JUN-04, same date as my EAD will be expiring, and my 3rd EAD is still not approved, 90 days from Receipt date will also be falling on 24-JUN-04.

In short, all these dates are falling on the same day 24-JUN-04. If on 24-JUN-04 I go for iEAD (Cannot go before that 90 days are not over), which I might get on same day, but my NJ License will be suspended, I will not be able to Drive to DMV with suspended License on 25-JUN-04.

Can any one sugest what options do I have, can I go for iEAD before 90 Days, or should I try DMV first, etc.

Thanks

I hate we being cornered this way. But what to do? I would suggest going to Cherry Hill INS office in the morning say 7 am on your EAD expiry date. Tell them your situation and hopefully you should get your i-EAD and rush to DMV and get your license renewed. You should be out of Cherry Hill office by 11. Cherry Hill is much better than Newark.

Try your luck.

All the best

Hi,

My wife's license was suspended because we did not have H4 papers in hand.
Now that she has I-551 stamped in her passport she would like to restore her license. Can she do it at Jersey City MVC or she has to go to Regional Service Center (e.g. Trenton) ?

Has anyone got similar case of suspended license and restore?

Thanks

MJRDJAN2002 said:
Hi,

My wife's license was suspended because we did not have H4 papers in hand.
Now that she has I-551 stamped in her passport she would like to restore her license. Can she do it at Jersey City MVC or she has to go to Regional Service Center (e.g. Trenton) ?

Has anyone got similar case of suspended license and restore?

Thanks

She has to go to a Regional Service Center (Wayne/Trenton/Eatontown) to get the license based on I-551 stamp.

MJRDJAN2002,

She has to goto Regional Service Center. Visit Deptford as you dont see much crowd during weekdays.

~Mad

Don't worry...I am in the same boat

I am in the same boat, with Driver's license expring on the same day as EAD amd renewal EAD application not yet approved. If you have filed for renewal of EAD and have the receipts of filing, you can present them to the case office at DMV and they will provide you with a 90 day extension with $7.50 fee. I did this for me and my wife.

Good Luck and Relax....

ar888/Madman72,

Thanks.

Have you guys been thru the same thing?
Becoz the NJ DMV website states that I can go to MVC with I-551 stamp.
Also I read that when they suspend ur license, a notation is made on the driver history record and the actual document is destroyed.
So MVC should be able to read the notation as well?

Thanks everyone for your responses.

whatwhenwhy,

Can we go to DMV with the EAD Receipt Notice, SSN, Passport. Any other document is required.

Then after 90 days of extension do we have to go to DMV Regional office or any office will do.

Thanks to all once again

I have read so many posts that indicated people getting I-EAD before 90 days. Why not go one or two days b4 jun 24th and give a shot at it.

DMV will not be able to help you with the receipt notice.

Luckily for me I had travelled out of the country using my AP, and the I-94 has a Years expiry date from the date of entry. we used that for my wife extension b4 the suspension date.

And we are happy that we got approved and did our stamping today. Everything went so fast today that I cant believe we did our stamping, SSN status change and drove to Wayne DMV and removed INS restriction all b4 1:30 pm.

Wish you good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
ar888 said:
She has to go to a Regional Service Center (Wayne/Trenton/Eatontown) to get the license based on I-551 stamp.

I moved to new jersey, bergenfield and i have to change my new york city driver's lic.. do you know the nearest rerional service center in bergenfield?

MJRDJAN2002 said:
ar888/Madman72,

Thanks.

Have you guys been thru the same thing?
Becoz the NJ DMV website states that I can go to MVC with I-551 stamp.
Also I read that when they suspend ur license, a notation is made on the driver history record and the actual document is destroyed.
So MVC should be able to read the notation as well?

Your wife probably has the 'Temporary INS status' on her license, to get rid of that in DMV records, you need to go to regional center for the first time renewal after 551 stamp.

arigsagc said:
I moved to new jersey, bergenfield and i have to change my new york city driver's lic.. do you know the nearest rerional service center in bergenfield?

Wayne, NJ. Visit DMV website for directions.

Go with your I-485 receipt

If you go with your I-485 receipt to Trenton they will extend your driver's license for 6 months. No EAD required. I did the same.

MJRDJAN2002

I do NOT think you have to go to Regional center.
I went to Springfield,NJ MVS for License renewal. I just had Paroled Stamp on i-94(because I travelled on AP). This was sometime in April, 2004
GC not approved yet.

Parshu

parshu,

Thanks.
Thats what I was thinking.
But you never know nowadays.
So I thought I will check if anyone has been in similar situation.