NIW with multi year contract

docboston

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My wife has got an academic clinical position in an underserved university hospital (J2-H4-H1, never on J1). We want to apply for GC based on NIW for physicians. Problem is the university will not issue a 5 year employment contract. They have given her a multi-year contract, which is to be renewed annually. I think this is standard for most universities. Any ideas, how we can show the 5 year employment requirement for NIW with this kind of contract?
Thanks

well probably u can self petition niw and tell them about your five year plan and also send the contract you have and that the univ will renew the contract annually, do contact lawyer for full advice

Its just alanguage of 5 years they need in the contract. It must say a time frame of five years, not necessary specific dates.( like July 2006- June 31,2011.

Think of apropirate wordings that can be compromise with the institution and then draft a contract term.

Some thing that Dr: Abc will be at University for a period of five years as a requirement of her NIW petetion however contract renewals is on annul basis.

I myself did suffer from NIW contract wordings @ NSC thats why I responded to you .It cost me 2.5 years delay in decession and since I was always H1B they don't count total duration of services for like unlike J-1, Time clicks from the day the petetion gets approve.

Like I am in underserve since June ,2002, should be done by May 2007, they approve my I-140 in sept 2005 and asking me to finish up by sept 2010. I am not silly though my labor is stuck in Dallas, my Perm is already filed and hopefully gonna get approve soon.
Good luck

Employment Intent

Generally all you need is a letter with a soft clause showing their "intent to" employ her until 2011.
That can be dissolved generally. Also, I do not think they object to clauses where either party can dissolve the contract with say 3 months notice. These are experiences from my NIW letter request, but I am sure a good lawyer will be able to get you the ideal language.

Last edited by a moderator: