NIW while i'm I-485 pending

Harraz

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I’ve applied for my green card through marriage of an American citizen. However it’s pending for FBI check now. I’m not sure if i'm qualified for the National Interest Waiver green card or not. I have a master degree from England in 1995 and 10 years experience in Oil & Gas industry as a senior process engineer, then 4 years research in bio-fuels mainly ethanol from bio-mass and a related US Patent for this particular, and will get my 2nd master degree in chemical engineering this semester (May 2007). I have a great job now in the area of bio-ethanol and bio-fuels with a decent salary. And The question is can I apply for this NWI green card while I’m pending with that application for green card through marriage ?? and do you think my case is very promising to get the green card through this NIW !?? and which type of NIW I qualify for.

Kind regards,

Hatem Harraz

Hi Hatem
I have a question How did you get a letter saying that you have to wait for FBI name check? did you send a request to USCIS to inquire about your case? or did you call or made an INFOPASS? when did you file your I-485?
The reason why I'm asking is becuase I'm in the same boat, I filed in june 2006 and during the interview, every thing went OK but no green card yet! when I called them, the answer was to wait. I want to know if the FBI is the reason my case is on hold, how did you do it?

Thanks,
Hossam

Hello Hossam,

I filed for I-485, I-130, I-765...etc all together and they received them on Nov 23rd, 2005. I've got my traveling doc. 1st work permit 1st week in March 2006 although the card was issued Feb. 2nd, 06. Then the interview was on May 14th, 06.. They took the I-94 from the passport and they asked me to wait or expect something in mail from a month to 6 months then 7 months passed and I didn't receive anything I called them on their toll free no. and they opened an investigation file and asked me to call them or wait for a month I received nothing from them after one month I called again and they gave me another case study no. and asked me to wait for 2 months ..... then I received two letters (one in Nov 06 and one in Jan 07)from home land security telling me that to WAIT and that they do back ground check on my name. I think from my experience now if it's easier for you better go for INFOPASS b/c when I went there for my EAD to ask for interim that they refused to give to me I asked them why I didn’t receive the GC yet ?? and they confirmed that b/c of the FBI name check, and that they do not have control over these cases or over the FBI to expedite this process. However sometimes that could be better to issue the 10 yrs GC instead of the conditional 2 yrs one.

let me know if you still need any clarification

Thanks

Hatem

2 or 10

THANKS A LOT, my case is that I don't want 2 or 10 years GC, it's just for the college so that I can get approved for F.A. if it wasn't for that, I don't care how long it will take them, I'm not in a hurry at all. as you know, Higher education could cost you a fortune and I'm not that rich! -yet!:(

Thanks again

Hi Hossam,

what's F.A. ?? BTW I received an email today concerning my I-765 and they told me that they ordered for production of my card and I should expect it within 30 days .... hahaha means that I-765 takes 5-6 months to be issued not 90 days as they claim ......