NIW statements

adhe2002

Registered Users (C)
hello everyone,

Got a question about the NIW statement and reference letters. For these who did self-petition and have got it approved, what is the best way to convince INS that A WAIVER OF JOB OFFER is in the national interest ???

Can you share your experience with me and us?

Thanks a bunch...........

No Title

Following are the comments:

(1) You need to have strong case (some time even stronger than EB1 for proving) that your work is extraordinary in the field and in a way helping to generate jobs/economy or in the national interest such as due to security issues / public health etc..

(2) You need to show that "you have worked" and "are working" in the field that is in the National Interest. Not just "you will work".

(3) Some of the examples of above points are if you have Ph.D. or M.S. and working on some research that is of important from national interest point of view - such as security related, public health related or that will generate some business (for example genetics, hightech etc.) make the case focusing the same and get support letters from relevant people.

(4) If you are working in the real life field /business then you need to show how many people are working for you.

(5) If you have some funding (meaning if you are PI/PM) then you need to show how many people are working thus jobs created.

Also check my other posting in this discussion group by following link or by searching my login ID.

vdesh1 "NIW questions" 2/23/02 9:27pm

Good Luck!