Niw-rfe

wangx241

Registered Users (C)
I filed NIW in Jan 7, 2005 in Nebraska center. On June 14, I received email requesting for more evidence. I am scared because I do not have any evidence except 8 more citations. I sent 9 reference letters originally, among them, 6 are considered as independent. I am quite nervous. Can anyone tell me what to do? how is the chance of being denied? Please advise. thanks.

Rfe!

A friend of mine with similar concern wrote letters to sevaral big shots to give analysis of his work with respect to Nations interest and impact. It worked!!!

Please inform us more about your application is it concurrent?

Hey Mr. GC 2004.

Thanks for your reply. It was not. I simply filed I140. My lawyer told me to prepare more letters. It is going to drive me crazy. How can I get more letters! I have collected all I could! Besides, what is new in the letters? Repeat the same thing again?

Now I am really sad. Not knowing how long to wait and what would be the final results. Mr. GC 2004, do you know what is the percentage of deny after RFE? Thanks a lot.

calm down

I am in the same boat with. I got my NIW RFE from NSC last month. So far, I have no progress. My lawyer told me to prepare more letters (3-4). Beside that, I have no idea what I can do. I was very nervous and sad at the begining. Now I feel better since there is indeed nothing we can do. Originally I asked 12 letters (6 indepedent). I thought I used all my energy. What is your research field, life science? Maybe we can exchange some idea how to get those letters.

other than letters
Various Options!
1. If you have any potential paper: collect opinions about that from scientist in your area
2. Reprint request card/emails can boost impact of already petitioned materials.
3.any new abstract presentations
4.Citations-Extract lines where they extract your papers.
5.Emails in response to yoru work from scientists.

PS: You cannot send new data but show impact of old work can be detailed by playing with words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey NIWwaiting:

I thought I have collected too many letters at the beginning (9 with 6 independent). but not as many as you did. I feel very uncomfortable about getting more letters because I can't do better. Yes I am doing medical research. Now I am desperately waiting for an approval of I140 because I want to participate for next year's residency match. I am a research associate and also the principle investigator of a development research grant of $135,000.00. I also have 2 department awards and one fellowship of an international conference. I have 7 papers published in US and a book chaptor. I have about 30 citations so far. I have 3 memberships. I am so desperate that I did not get an approval directly. Why do they want more evidence? Isn't that extra work for them? So what about you? What is required in your RFE letter? Are you simply waiting for more reference letters? When is your deadline?

What is your RFE?

Wang,

What is RFE for? I mean what do they need. Probably its the third prong. One thing you can do is to get some more letter from previous authors(1-2) reiterating the previous things, plus 1-2 new stressing on the evidence the USCIS need.

I guess you have to work hard for this chance. What is your field?

wangx241 said:
I filed NIW in Jan 7, 2005 in Nebraska center. On June 14, I received email requesting for more evidence. I am scared because I do not have any evidence except 8 more citations. I sent 9 reference letters originally, among them, 6 are considered as independent. I am quite nervous. Can anyone tell me what to do? how is the chance of being denied? Please advise. thanks.

First of all wait till you get the RFE and see what they want. Depending on what they want you have often several options what to do.

Thanks everybody. Now I am facing another thing: I need to extend H1b status. One of the blank asks if I am filing any immigration petition. If yes, why? Can anyone tell me how to explain it? Thanks a lot.

wangx241 said:
Thanks everybody. Now I am facing another thing: I need to extend H1b status. One of the blank asks if I am filing any immigration petition. If yes, why? Can anyone tell me how to explain it? Thanks a lot.

H1-B is a dual-intent VISA. You cannot be denied the VISA if your ONLY *crime* is an immigration petition. Fill in the facts. You should be fine.