NIW RFE and supporting material

hang

Registered Users (C)
I received NIW RFE asking to show the impact of my work. I have found 5 papers citing my publications. I also found 2 manuscripts from other people, in which my publication was cited. But those few manuscripts still in review, not published. Is it ok to include those 2 manuscripts as evidence to show the impact of my work?
Thanks!

hang said:
I received NIW RFE asking to show the impact of my work. I have found 5 papers citing my publications. I also found 2 manuscripts from other people, in which my publication was cited. But those few manuscripts still in review, not published. Is it ok to include those 2 manuscripts as evidence to show the impact of my work?
Thanks!

You can use them but you should divide them between papers who just cite your work and those who discuss your work in detail. And you need good referene letters from top scientists writing how their work was influenced by your research.

Yes

Include everything you can find. In listing them, make sure to say "under review for journal xx" for the unpublished manuscripts. GOOD LUCK!!

I reviewed manuscript for Journal A. But I myself never published on Journal A. I published on other journals. I found that Journal A is ranked among the top in its area. Is it helpful to point it out in the response letter?'

Thanks!

Please don't do that since you don't have a paper for the journal you reviewed.
The immigration officer may think why you cannot publish your work in this
journal if you are really exceptional. You can roughly state that the journal is one of the top journals or it is as prestigious as the journals with which you
have papers.

Another question about RFE, someone long time sent me email asking for some data. Can this email be used to support my application? If so, how? I feel requesting for papers is very easy to understand, can requesting for data be related to one's work and impact?

About the citation, my lawyer told me if the citations are less than 10 papers, just skip the citation, otherwise, the officer will think that is not good enough.

depends!

It depends sir, If you have got ten citation for one paper then it is not bad. You need to address this in your cover letter that this particular work got so many citations!!!!!!