NIW questions. Please help!

bibiq2006

I am in human disease research field and holding H1B visa. I have decided to file an NIW petition on my own behalf. One questions is: how long a successful petition cover letter should be? I am planning to write something like 7-8 pages and kind of afraid it is too long to read.

My profile is like:
PhD from China and postdoc in quite good US university
5 first-author paper (impact factor from 3 to 6)
around 20 coauthored.
However the citations of these papers are quite few since all of these are quite new. In total like 10 citations.
I am collecting recommendations and writing the petition letter myself.

Will these make me a successful petitioner?

Thanks a lot! Please do help!

I know NIW successful people wrote 15-20 pages Cover letter with 500-600 pages total package ... USCIS ONLY read the cover letter .. So put ur best effort to make it colorful with all informations !!
Good luck

pana, what do you mean they only read the cover letter? i hope that 's not the case, although a good cl is essential

saturn2006 said:
pana, what do you mean they only read the cover letter? i hope that 's not the case, although a good cl is essential

I wish too that they read everything !! even if it's 600 pages package !!

I am watching this forum closely since last 2 years. I read each and every one's RFE's, suggestions since this forum started and came to this conclusion ! ..

Remember I am neither an attorney nor in the USCIS .. just my suggestion !

BTW I'm also preparing to submit NIW as well as EB-1EA with the help of an attorney and a normal pal just like u guys.