NIW or EB1 EA?

topew

Registered Users (C)
Jim, Brian and other experts

NIW or EB1-EA: which is appropriate in my case? I live outside of the United States (in an African country) and would like to self-petition. Where should I apply?

Here are my credentials

1. PhD Economics with more than 12 years of experience;
2. 8 scholarly reports published by Oxford University Press, well-regarded world wide;
3. 40 papers in peer-reviewed journals, books, and conference proceedings;
4. 45-50 citations;
5. Published materials about me and my scholarly work in a Journal and in a magazine;
6. Member Editorial Boards of 3 leading journals. I was editor of one for 7 years; Associate Editor on another; and advisory member on the third
6. Participated in more than 100 conferences.
7. Salary more than $100k (twice the average salary in my field)
8. Leadership role for international organisations including member Board of Directors for 3 institutions in the field.
9. 5 excellent letters written for me in the past, but not related to applications for EB1 EA. One from Chief editor of a reputable publishing house inviting me to edit a book in the field.
10. Elected Membership of Professional association.
11. Awarded scholarships

Go for EB1-EA. NIW is tough to justify in the cases of economics etc. I am sure, some attorneys must have done it. Looking at Jim's comment here, he seems to be of high calibre category.

You might think of contacting him and exploring it. In my view, EA sounds a better option.

Thanks redhead and Brian.

I will try EB1 EA. It will be helpfull if anyone could provide sample template for reference letters. You can email me at topew@yahoo.com.

Thank you. :( :)

why not try both of NIW and EB1-EA

TO DOUBLE SURE YOUR CASE? It is legal way. I tried both NIW adn EB1-EA and NIW, both of which were approved. I agree that NIW seems more difficulty than EB1-EA. However, if you catch the right way to express you very well, you can succeed too. You can refer my partial cover letter for NIW in http://www.orientalhealingart.com/

ty

I agree that it filing for both certainly covers all your options. The only reason not to do so is cost.

I tend to prefer the EB-1EA now over the NIW since I feel the NIW leaves too much discretion to INS. It's difficult to look at a NIW case and say that there certainly will be no problems but it is still possible to look at a very strong EB-1EA and say that.