NIW on basis of underserved area

saa

Registered Users (C)
I have a potential employer from an underserved area. I guess that will qualify as for NIW and I will not have to go thro LC.
At what point of time do I have to actually jion the employer? As GC is for a future job, can I wait till the I-140 is approved and I apply for EAD and then join?
what is the procedure for NIW applicvation on basis of underserved area?
I plan to apply on my own.
Thank you.

No Title

Hello
Are you getting J-1 waiver or are you already on H1B because both situations are different.

No Title

Well I think
Beast way for you is RIR (short cut labor certification)Because I think NIW is for J-1 DOCS

No Title

I agree with Raj
NIW can be used by engineers, scientists and researchers and commerce professionals, prove that you are here in US interest
sanjay

No Title

YES , BUT

you can N.I.W no matter what you are , if you can prove you are exceptional. However if you are physician and want to take benifit of new N.I.W law only for physician , You must be physician who got J-1 waiver and agreed to serve in an undeserved area for three year. Going through this new law for physician is much easier. Any comments welcome
Pandoo

NIW can benefit any physician working in an underserved area (HPSA) irrespective of visa status J1,H1 ect. You do not have to be a J1 physician to qualify for NIW as far as I know. I am not an attorney though.

In fact it is easier if you don't have a J1 to begin with especially if you are physician working in an under served area. And PCS2009 is correct.