NIW I140 Denied

Hi Hamid,
I wish you luck for your appeal case. I also beleive that you will be fine if you go throught a good lawyer.
Can you please let us know which service center did you file your NIW? Any REF? When was the Approval Date? We are just trying to figure out some processing times for NIW.

Thanks,
Reza

Thanks Guys

I want to thank all the guys who suggested and gave a lot of input on my case. I want to let you all guy know that my NIW was denied in Feb 2006, I waited a while since for India there was no EB1 or EB2 concurrent filing, but luckily in Sept the filing was current for EB1 and so I filed in EB1-1 class and in one week my I-140 was approved without any RFE, I have since then done my biometrics and waiting on 485 approval. The amazing thing is that i did not put any new letters but the same letters that went into NIW application, the letters even said NIW in the subject, its amazing!.

asterhamid said:
I want to thank all the guys who suggested and gave a lot of input on my case. I want to let you all guy know that my NIW was denied in Feb 2006, I waited a while since for India there was no EB1 or EB2 concurrent filing, but luckily in Sept the filing was current for EB1 and so I filed in EB1-1 class and in one week my I-140 was approved without any RFE, I have since then done my biometrics and waiting on 485 approval. The amazing thing is that i did not put any new letters but the same letters that went into NIW application, the letters even said NIW in the subject, its amazing!.

First of many congratulations!! Did you take the help of a lawyer during this refiling or just did it by yourself. What significant changes you made during this refiling in your application. Your input will be truely appreciated for other EB1 aspirants in this forum.

asterhamid said:
Thanks
No they did not ask for RFE, the letter said about Lobor certifcation stuff. I will talk to lawyer about this on Monday. Anyway what happens even if your appeal is rejected.
Thanks

This is the most common denial or RFE in NIW. I assume in your letter you did not present that NIW will be severely hampered if Labour certification is required. You need to write at least two pages to support this sentence. An attorney knows how to address this part. Although you have a good credential for NIW than others but the petition was not presented properly. In my opinion talk to an attorney to resubmitting a fresh one or an appeal if worthful. good luck.

tomy19192001 said:
First of many congratulations!! Did you take the help of a lawyer during this refiling or just did it by yourself. What significant changes you made during this refiling in your application. Your input will be truely appreciated for other EB1 aspirants in this forum.

Thanks Tomy
Since i work at the university here, i got my application filed through the university, i made all the application myself, but at the last moment the university told me that they will have to give the university paper work only to a lawyer, so I had to get one, all he did was to draft a cover letter. The changes that i made this time in the application was to make sure that i get a letter from my boss here about my employment, the lawyer made a big deal about that saying that i had a permanant job as long as I am working where I am working, another thing that i did was to attach all the correspondances from other people regarding requests for my papers and other stuff realted to my work, the lawyer said that he can draft those communications as my contributions to the field. I also got letters from the Journal editors of which I am a reveiwer stating the fact that i have reveiwed for the journals. Other than that the application was the same.