NIW I-140 was denied, urgent help needed.

gbhlgc

Registered Users (C)
My NIW I-140 wad denied on April 27 and I just got the notice. I filed the case on August 2003 and got RFE on Feb 24. I submitted the response package on April 19 and got denied on April 27. I was very angry and sad and frustrated. I don't know what I should do. I will appeal but I don't know how. Could someone help me? My attorney asked 1000 to start appeal. I am not sure if I need to ask him to do that or I find another lawyer to do that. Could someone recommend a good lawyer for me? If I appeal myself, what should I do?
Any help is appreciated!!!

I am in Louisiana.
GC is very important to me and my family. I can pay $1000, but I am not willing to pay such an amount to the same lawyer who get my case denied(Maybe he doesn't have any way to get appeal approved also.). Do you have any suggections?

gbhlgc said:
I am in Louisiana.
GC is very important to me and my family. I can pay $1000, but I am not willing to pay such an amount to the same lawyer who get my case denied(Maybe he doesn't have any way to get appeal approved also.). Do you have any suggections?
I strongly suggest you file the appeal from the different attorney.

Not every attorney understands the appeal process. I suggest you to go through an attorney with experience in immigration. Talk to Rajiv Khanna or Sheela Murhty. They might charge about the same.

How about The Law Offices of Fan & Fitzpatrick, P.A.? Does anyone have experiwnce with them?

gbhlgc said:
My NIW I-140 wad denied on April 27 and I just got the notice. I filed the case on August 2003 and got RFE on Feb 24. I submitted the response package on April 19 and got denied on April 27. I was very angry and sad and frustrated. I don't know what I should do. I will appeal but I don't know how. Could someone help me? My attorney asked 1000 to start appeal. I am not sure if I need to ask him to do that or I find another lawyer to do that. Could someone recommend a good lawyer for me? If I appeal myself, what should I do?
Any help is appreciated!!!

I-140 is related to the employer. Your employer must have received the reason for the denial. Talk to your employer and ask your employer to correct that mistake when in the reappeal process.

This is not true. His case is NIW related, which does not need employer sponsor.

me04485 said:
I-140 is related to the employer. Your employer must have received the reason for the denial. Talk to your employer and ask your employer to correct that mistake when in the reappeal process.

Thanks for your reply. The denial resaon they gave is the third prong of NIW (that means I didn't persuade the officer that the results of my research are substantially above that of other researchers in my field.) I have submitted all the new evidences I CAN have. I don't know how to appeal without new evidence. Any suggestions?

I have a PhD in Chemical Engineering (2002) and my research was on numerical reservoir simulations (reactive polymer flow). Since 2002, I worked on High Performance Computing area. I admister one of top 100 supercomputer in the world and assist researchers to do their simulation researchs in many fileds. 5 publications. Initial petition has 8 letters. RFE response 9 letters(including 5 independent letters and one letter from US senator). The denial reason is that "The record does not support the finding that the self-petitioner's achievements rise to a level substantially greater than, in comparison to, his or her peers".