NIW I-140 approved at VSC

mqj73

Registered Users (C)
In the morning today (4/4/05) I just did FP at Baltimore ASC. Tonight my NIW I140 was approved. RD for I140 is 3/29/04 and RD for I-485 is 5/17/04. I am waiting for approval of I-485. LUD for I-485 of mine and my wife were changed this afternoon. It seems that FP results were sent back to INS from FBI based on what I observed from this useful website.

Just share my info with all of you. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Enjoy the moment! I think your I-485 will be done within a month!

PAforGC

what may be the trick of getting it approved right away?

The "published" processing date for VSC's NIW is still Feb 2004. mqj73 any guess why your case was approved so quick? Any guess may be helpful. Thanks.

recent processing date

Feb 5, 2004 is the date posted on 3/18/05. Based on the recent trend, the latest processing date at VSC for NIW would be some day in April 2004. It is normal to process my case now.

frank77 said:
The "published" processing date for VSC's NIW is still Feb 2004. mqj73 any guess why your case was approved so quick? Any guess may be helpful. Thanks.

some people said it is most likely to be interviewed at local office for NIWers. Is this true? My NIW was approved last month. I just filed 485.

I believe this is a rumor. I heard many NIW 485 cases were approved directly by centers. If you wait for a long long time and your case is transfered to local, you have to be interviewed.

Vsc Niw

I spoke with the staff at VSC by phone yesterday. My I140 EB2 NIW was approved three days ago (RD 8/03). No change in I485. The operator said they do not usually interview NIW for 485, which echoes what my attorney said. My FP was 2/05

If you filed concurrently and want an update... use this call script.

M-F 8-6pm
1800-375-5283

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response

Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3

Listen to the options-
If you believe your case is outside our processing window, press 3

Option 4 "if you filed several related cases together but received a decision on some but not others and are worried that these companion cases may have been separated. --> takes you to the service center operator

Hope that helps.
Anyone have any idea how long my 485 is going to take?

Thanks