NIW for physicians

SRID

Registered Users (C)
Experts please answer; In view of the AC21 which states that once 6 months has passed after filing I-485 one can change jobs does this also apply to NIW PHYSICIANS who have an approved I140 .

No Title

I think even without AC21 a physcian with NIW I-140 approved can change jobs only requirments are the new job has to be in underserved area and has to file a new I-140 and you will not loose your Priority date.

No Title

Thanks,athreya for your advice
well you see others donot have to file a new I140 ,can we do the same
according to AC21 ,THESE regulations( AC21) were enacted after the NIW interim rule was announced.

Can NIW physician leave J-1 waiver employer after 3 years ? Work on EAD? Dharma Rao and others pleas

I am completing my 3 year J-1 waiver in October 2001. The I-140 has PD of august 1998. After gathering a lot of courage I filed for I-485 in mid August 2001 (I was asked to wait till October). Now can I change my employers in October ? Also when should I expect my EAD - I guess I need H-1 till then. I will continue work in under served area but do I still have to see indigent population or use sliding fee schedule.
Let me thank all for their time and advice.

Similar situation

Hi ManuJ1,
I am in a similar situation, self-petitioned I140 PD08/98, will finish 3 yrs in underserved area in Nov 2002. I have been advised not to file I485 until that time...is it safe to apply before that??? Please keep us updated about your case. Is your I140 employer sponsored or self petitioned??? Thanks for your help
akak

My I-140 was self petitioned on basis of NIW. All lawyers are not of same opinion regarding filing I-140 before three years are over. Lets see how things turn up in my case.
ManuJ1

EAD or H-1

After 3 years in underserved area, we apply for I-485 and if we get the work permit, can we apply for a new job to complete 5 years using the work permit or should we apply for a H-1 visa. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this.
 I\'ll be completing 3 years next year and planning to change my job.