NIW for Physicians - Steps to do it yourself.

Hi
I just finished 5 years and got my 485 approved can send me private email with ur queries will be more than happy 2 answer :)

will write on steps AFTER 5 years of NIW

Balraj said:
Hi all,
I am looking for some one to shed light on steps or procedures to be done after 5yrs is completed. I am about 10 months from finishing 5yrs. What needs to be done. Please direct me to the thread if there is one already.....

Meanwhile, J1Victim has done such a wonderful job on the steps to NIW self petition, there is hardly any questions about it - except just kudos. :) Simply fantabulous. Where is he....he seems not to be seen or heard in the forums these days.

thanks balraj.

thanks balraj. i am very much Alive and kicking.... :). Just that there are others also who are active in the forum, like 'Hadron", "Indokiddo", "kidsdoc" etc etc, so i just take a back seat and relax. however if a post goes unanswered for sometime, i will reply to it.

i haven't written on the steps AFTER 5 years of NIW as i am only 2 years into my waiver job (long way to go ...) and don't know much detail. however i will ask "kidsdoc" to write on this and post it in this thread (not a separate thread, so all the information on NIW stays at one place).

hey kidsdoc! what is up? so long. talk to u later.
you may also email me at j1victim at yahoo dot com

Hi all
finally got our Passport stamped on Aug 12 at west palm beach office people were very friendly and the lady congratulaed us saying now ur PERMANANT RESIDENT ALIEN was so good 2 hear that word.
anyways as per reuirment after finishing 5 years.
This is what I did
once i got the rfe -- i knew it was for medicals as we never did when we filled for 485 per fed register guidlines.
called state dept of health in Florida requesting them 2 issue a letter saying that I have been working in MUA since 1999.
once got the medicals done send the letter from state deptt(Belive me Floridas state deptt is very friendly) my w2 from last 2 years and 1040 for last 2 years to BCIS once they recieve the RFE my case was approved in 2 days.Details
Landed at JFK on june 14 1994
got j waiver in 1999
changed job to other MUA in dec 2000
applied for 140?NIW in sept 2001
140 approved may 2002
485/765 applied on July 2002 send my w2 and 1040 for year 1999,2000,2001
Fp selg June 2003
FP wife Feb 2004
RFE for medicals issued on July 2,2002
got Med done July 14 2004
RFE acc,by BCIS July 26
This case has been approved on July 28 2004
got info pass appt for west palm beach got it for aug 12 got PP stamped
what a relief 10 year loooooooooong journey but have learned a lot :)

Last edited by a moderator:
similar story! but no twist yet? please shed light!

J1 to H1 to NIW to I485 pending
J1 to H1 converted on feb 2000
I 485 RD: July 3rd 2002
FP: 03/15/04
RFE times 2 (last one Oct 2003)
web site says: we have received RFE and we will give you written decision earlier than stated time period since your application is complete?
VSC currently processing July12th 2002
do we have to complete 5 years( I mean is there a chance that we can get approved before completion of 5 years)
also: my big problem: I am not payed by my sponsor at all (4th year onwards) my income is mostly Moolightings!
what is impact of this( I am scared?)
please give me advises many of them
thanks in advance

Hi There
I doubt it if BCIS will aprove ur case before finishing 5 years(can approve within 2-3 months before 5 years date though)
as far as employer not paying u
if u r still in 3 years for j waiver then u r in trouble as ur considered out of status the moment u donot get payed by H employer but if it is beyond 3 years then it should be ok as NIW is based on working in MUA and as long as ur emlpoyer /state deptt can write u a letter that u r working in MUA u should be ok
I would consult a good lawyer to discuss this
I recommend my lawyer he is out of NY very helpful professional and always return the calls/emails
I got ur private email also :)
all the best

Congratulations Kidsdoc

It has indeed been a long journey. I will finish my 5 yr requirement on Oct 5th and have I-485 pending at VSC. I hope there would be no problem for me to jump to another job later in Dec in another state at a non HPSA area.
Kidsdoc, you got your PP stamped pretty fast after completion of 5 yrs and submitting RFE. I hope VSC is fast too:)
Once again, Congratulations....

Dear Mohan
wait till u get the rfe for medicals as ur medical report will morelikely 2 be lost if u send it like that.
it is always better to send a letter from state deptt after finishing 5 years as that is a proof that we have been working at MUA/HPSA
once u submit these documents ur case should be approved pretty quick
all the best

Hi KidsDoc

I read in one of the threads that you sent the final RFE a few months before completion of 5 yrs? If so did USCIS ask for more documentation to prove the remaining time until final completion ? Could you pls tell me the approx date you sent the RFE and the date of 5 yr completion.
I was sent 3 pages of RFE after completion of 2 yrs of NIW. They asked me to submit the 1st & 2nd pages of the notice then with W2s, letter from employer and copy of MD license. They asked me to send the 3rd page of the notice with documentation of final compliance ( They have asked for a letter from employer), medicals, W2s and copy og license. Do you think I should wait till 5 yrs are over ?
Thanks.

Need help with NIW

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for posting the procedure for NIW. I have couple of questions. When you file i-140 and i-485 concurrently, do you send everything to one service center. To whom do you make cheack payable to. I have e-filed I-140 and plan to e-file I-131 and i-765.Also I would like to apply for my wife at the same time. WHat is the procedure.

Do I put the application for myself and my wife in one packet and ship everything to vermont service center (I live in NY)??

Your help with this questions will be most
appreciated.

apply for spouse -----

gcby2020 said:
When you file i-140 and i-485 concurrently, do you send everything to one service center.

>>> Yes

To whom do you make cheack payable to.

>>> I believe it is USCIS (it is written in the instructions for the each form). Even checks payable to INS were acceptable until early this year --- Don't know now.

I have e-filed I-140 and plan to e-file I-131 and i-765.Also I would like to apply for my wife at the same time. WHat is the procedure.

>>> fill all the forms for your wife also. I believe she will not need I-140.

Do I put the application for myself and my wife in one packet and ship everything to vermont service center (I live in NY)??

>>> Yes. sending them all together is better.

Thanks for the great service... I have one question. Currently working as primary care physician in texas HPSA on H1b (J1 waiver obtained 8/03). Have applied for NIW - I 140 - I 485 and EAD. My question is What if I change job to another HPSA?MUA after 3 years? I understand I will need to file a new I 140. But what will happen to I 485 / EAD. Will they retain their priority date? Will EAD remain valid?

Niw H1b transfer

kpatelmd said:
replies...

Currently working as primary care physician in texas HPSA on H1b (J1 waiver obtained 8/03). Have applied for NIW - I 140 - I 485 and EAD. My question is What if I change job to another HPSA?MUA after 3 years?
>>> nothing. you can change to another HPSA/MUA

I understand I will need to file a new I 140.
>>> yes

But what will happen to I 485 / EAD.
>>> You will be abvle to retain your priority date for the I-485.
how to do this? ask this question in the I-485 forum. (remember, filing a new I-140 for each job change is a requirement for NIW physicians only. many in the I-485 forum may not be aware of this).

Will they retain their priority date? Will EAD remain valid.
>>> Yes to both.

disclaimer: my personal opinion only.

Hi as described in NIW are ETA750A AND 750B forms needed for NIW concurrent filing of 140/485?
J1-H1B physician in underserved area.
Thank you

Hello kidsdoc,

I'm a little confused. I thought 5 year period do not start until I140 is approved. Your 140 was approved in May 2002. So, it is not 5 years. It is five years from 1999 when you gor your oroginal waiver.

Am I missing something. Please clarify. Thanks!

the 5 year period start from the time u start working on the waiver job even if u filed 140/485 later. 485 can,t be processed till the end of 5 years

clarification

i am in my second year of NIw/140/485.
1.when do i need to send any documents ( is it at end of 2 and 5 years ) that i have completed working in HPSA
2.does my employer send this or do i request the DOH
3.do these documents go to filing center
thanks

lalalala said:
i am in my second year of NIw/140/485.
1.when do i need to send any documents ( is it at end of 2 and 5 years ) that i have completed working in HPSA

You should receive a RFE from USCIS after 2 yrs of NIW requesting EVL, tax records, license info. Finally after 5 yrs you send another EVL confirming 5 yrs of uninterrupted work, tax records (W2s) for all 5 yrs, medical exam report for you and derivatives.

2.does my employer send this or do i request the DOH
Letter from DOH is needed only while filing I-140.
Employer only needs to give you the employment verification letters.

3.do these documents go to filing center
Yes
thanks

thanks inter clarification

forgive my ignorance, what is EVL is it a letter that i compose stating that i have been working in HPSA . or does the employer write this letter. can i send the evidence /w2 extra after 2years even before RFE is sent
thanks again

EVL is an employer verification letter, stating that you have been working in the clinic/hospital since xx-xx-xxxx employed as a fulltime physician with a salary of $$$ and there have been no breaks in the employment.

It is better to wait for the RFE, since they ask you to mail the first 2 sheets of the original RFE request with the evidence then and the 3rd sheet with the final compliance after 5 yrs.

Lost HPSA designation

Hi All,
I started a H1-NIW job 6 months back. I 140 has been approved . Since then the area has lost it's HPSA designation. What problems am I looking at 1/5 years from now ? Anyone with a similar experience and a favorable outcome. According to my lawyer I am fine as the application was approved prior to loss of HPSA designation