NIW & EB1 I-140 RFE Experiences

pcOR03 said:
Hi Graduation2003,

I applied I140 OR and RFE was about permanent position. I submitted I485 in Dec. 2004 and got FP this March. Unlike your case, there is only one LUD, 4/22, for my I140 since they received the response on 4/19.

Also is that right they never sent denial decision via email? I am concerned.

All the best for your case,
pcOR03

Hi pcOR03,

Thanks for you best wishes. I saw a few people here like you got RFE about permanent position for their EB1 OR cases, and no one got denial so far. Moreover, OR is relatively stronger because you have your employer's support. So you should get an easy approval. Hope you will hear a good news very soon.

graduation2003 said:
Hi pcOR03,

Thanks for you best wishes. I saw a few people here like you got RFE about permanent position for their EB1 OR cases, and no one got denial so far. Moreover, OR is relatively stronger because you have your employer's support. So you should get an easy approval. Hope you will hear a good news very soon.
Best wishes for you and pcOR03 and all others who are waiting anxiously as i am now. We really need some luck now.

RFE received for EB1-OR

I received a RFE saying' submit a letter offering the alien a tenured or tenure-track teaching positiong or a permanent research position in the alien's academic field. the job offer letter submitted has been reviewed, and is insufficient evidence. please submit additional documentation which clearly establishes the permanecy of the proffered position.'

background: I am a research associate in a university. when submit I-140, I included a job offer letter saying this position is permanent and the letter signed the chairperson of the deparment.
in my university, the research associate is fixed-term renewable. the human resource of the university agree to write a letter saying this is a permanent full time employment, but need include 'fixed-term renewable' word in the letter. otherwise they will not sign on the letter
now my question is: I just send another letter signed by chairperson saying this is permanent position or I need the letter from huamn resource.

I have followed this forum and read the discussion on the same RFE. I just wonder if acutally the position is fixed-term renewable and grant supported, how to prove it permanent.

many thanks to any suggestion.

NSC, EB1-OR
I-140 RD 2/17/05
RFE RD 5/31/05(permanent job offer) :(

Hello, Toxsci;
Are you a research associate? did you include any funding information in the letter? is that research grant?

NSC, EB1-OR
I-140 RD 2/17/05
RFE RD 5/31/05(permanent job offer)

NSC-OR said:
Hello, Toxsci;
Are you a research associate? did you include any funding information in the letter? is that research grant?

NSC, EB1-OR
I-140 RD 2/17/05
RFE RD 5/31/05(permanent job offer)

Yes, I am a RA. I have a small grant from the college (but that does not help much to prove permanency of the offer I guess)
While replying to RFE (through an attorney), I have provided following information.
1. Letter from the research office of the college detailing the activities of the program (including previous funding and current funding)
2. Letter from my boss about his research activities (earlier funding from last 15 years, current funding and future plans of research activities)
3. letter form the Head of the department. This letter was drafted as a reply to RFE. In this letter we basically referred to the the permanent offer letter that was submitted along with I140 and also mentioned that we are including additional letters.
4. Grant award documents. (previous and current grants). ( we provided NIH grant award communication and CRISP documents)

Although I had an attorney, I had to provide most of the inputs as this kind of case was new for him it seems. I got basic informaion from the link: http://www.region5.nafsa.org/NSC_ 2005_QA.doc
(Refer to item #42)
I have not included any letter from human resources. Also we did not mention anything about the period of offer. In all the letters we just stressed the point that the program is very active and based on the history of grant we anticipate to have funding for indefinite period and the candidate is critical for the ongoing program.
In my opinion, if you can provide such letters it should satisfy them. It is relatively easy to get such letters (with articulated words) form the dept head or boss than from Human resources I think.
Good luck!

Filed at VSC

Hi,
My details as:

Center : VSC

RFE : May 10 2005
RFE received : June 23 2005
waiting .....

Requesting the further proof for my job to match three prong test.

Toxsci;
Thank you very much.
I will answer the RFE and post the result on the forum.
Green card application is really hard time. very appreciate this forum and many nice persons.
hope good luck to everyone.