NIW completion

Hi guys,
I am also a physician with NIW application pending; I have just completed 5 years of work at VA (on July 22,2004) and am in process of sending the documentation to USCIS (texas service center). Is there any format for the letter?
Also, I am planning to go for fellowship starting July 2005; can anyone provide reference to the part about NIW for physicians which sheds light on whether we can change to fellowship after completing 5 years (my I485 was filed in 6/03, and may not be approved by 6/05).
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Niw

Hi friends,
I finished my 5 yrs in dec03 and moved,got RFE sent in June04 at TSc ,called says wait 60 days,I am worried as I am no longer in HPSa ...any feedback,I am new to forum RFE reced 6/04 no response yet.... :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I completed my 5 years of work in HPSA on June 1st and sent the papers of final evedence along with medical exam to NSC on July 15th. Still have not heard anything.
I-485 -- 07/01

NIW/I 485 pending: VSC processing July12th? my RD July3?

I am also J1 victim
J1 to H1: Jan 2000
I485 RD: July3rd2002
first FP: march 2004
RFE:1 and 2: tax returns and Md license Oct 2003
I see on website that VSC currently processing RD date July12 , 2002
does this apply to us? or we have to have to complete 5 years then only it will be processsed?
also can any one tell me: I am planning to visit India in Sept 2004 for 2 weeks with AP, is it safe to go? with pending I485?

Hello everyone, will greatly appreciate some feedback.

I just completed five years MUA/HPSA at the place where i got J1 waiver.
NIW(1-140) 03/01
NIW (485) 12/01 at Nebraska service center
5 year completed 06/30/2004, send documents to NSC on 07/13/04
FP on 06/26/04
Medical was send with initial request in 12/01.

I have not recieved anything from NSC, send a request for information from that useless 1800 number and they send me the same as is on the online site. Basically that my request was recieved on 12/2001 and nothing else.

I have a job in florida (texas service center) while my present application is from Nebraska SC. If i keep my permanent address where it is should this suffice or do I have to cancel my move.

Secondly, is there any way to find about the status of ones application

a1b2 said:
I completed my 5 years of work in HPSA on June 1st and sent the papers of final evedence along with medical exam to NSC on July 15th. Still have not heard anything.
I-485 -- 07/01

a1b2 any luck in the last few weeks, i sent everything on 07/13 and am freeking out as havent heard anything back

MidwestJ1- I have still not heard anything from NSC, though I sent the final evidence over 6 weeks ago. In my case I have not had fingerprinting done yet.
ColoradoNIW- You had recieved a letter stating that they had resumed processing your case, any further developments since?

I 140 - (NIW) 02/01
I 485 - 07/01
Completed 5years of work in HPSA- June 1st 2004.

Approved and my experience

AOS application was approved 2 days ago. Wife's case is still pending for unknown reasons. Here is the story of the final months:
Completed NIW commitment in early september and sent all usual documents the very next day. I had this vague feeling that CIS having not done too many NIW AOS applications ( atleast at california service center ) may put my case in the back burner substantially delaying the process. So I decided to be proactive and requested senator's office initiate an inquiry, just 3 weeks after submission of final documents. It paid off , as in late october they sent me a RFE for medicals and also few days later got a second FP notice ( went early ).
CIS received RFE in early November and then the waiting game began.
As per there 'rules' I had to wait 60 days before initiating any inquiry via the useless 1800 "customer service number". After waiting 4 weeks ( from the RFE reply date )I sent a polite fax to CSC informing them that my case is ready for adjudication. This was early this month. Got approved about 10 days after my fax. My wife's case is still pending, so this is not over yet.
Here is gist of all this
* Send all documents as soon as waiver is over ( I sent w2's, last 5 yers tax returns, paystubs, EVL etc )
*It helps getting senator/congressman's office involved early( Google to find out who the senator /congressman is in your state/county). Write a polite but matter of fact letter requesting their office's help. People have posted there letters in various forums here and one may get an idea on the contents from them.
*No point in calling the customer service number or sending USCIS emails etc. They basically have the same info as the case status page on the USCIS website.
* setup a portfolio with the case status web page, this helps as one can track the LUD and therefore any movements on one's case . Also CIS sends email one's there is any major development in the case i.e any RFE, approval etc.
*Once medicals/2nd fp done they usually adjudicate the case in 2 weeks ( atleast the LC based cases of non MD's ). If over 3-4 weeks , send a simple fax to the division informing them that case shud be ready for adjudication. Division fax numbers are avalilable at CIS website or search this portal.
The bottomline is that their experience with NIW cases is limited due to few number of applications compared to a traditional LC based cases which engineers/ non MD's apply in large numbers ( atleast that's the case at california service center). It is easy for one officer to pass on the buck therfore delaying the approval.
It's a honest fact that there's only one person who cares whether the case is adjudicated or not and that is the applicant.
Best of luck to all.

WAC021
RD 3/02
Ist FP 4/02
1st RFE may04(EVL, W2s,tax returns, paystubs )
Waiver completion: early sept, sent again the above RFE documents a day after waiver completion.
RFE late Oct ( medicals )
2nd FP early Nov
RFE recieved by CIS 11/09
AD 12/14

Congrat PGI.
I have sent everything in late Oct.04. Did not get any finger printing notice or medical RFE. Contacted the local senator 3 weeks ago still no answer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

documents for final submission, please list them, donot have paystubs, does it matter

first 3 years with my sponsor who gave W2' but I lost track of pay stubs(not in good terms with my employer) so should I submit only W2's/tax returns copies/ ? what else please help
thanks

NSC, adjudication after 5 yr. NIW submission

My 5 year service was completed in 10/04 in HPSA. I submitted final evidence & medical exam on 12/1/04. After 3 months I have no news from Nebraska Service center. the website says it takes 570-600 days for them to process this kind of case, but as my initial application was complete it will take less time. Anyone has any better experience? How long to wait? Please advise.

hi, pedsmd2, I have to submit documents after 5 yrs of NIW, please reply

please list them what documents needed for submission and what should be format of letter to INS for submission.
I am Peds/Neonatologist too and done NIW 5 yrs last month
thanks in advance

pedsmd2 usually it does not take more then a few months for the final processing to take place if all your documents have reached, if longer send inquiry