NIW Completion-Waiting after submitting final evidence

a1b2

Registered Users (C)
Hi

the previous thread of NIW completion has been idle for over 2 months. I know that quite a few of us have submitted the final evidence of NIW completion and are waiting to hear from USCIS. Lets get together and post our experience.
I-140 (NIW) approved 02/01
I-485 RD 07/01
Final evidence submitted 07/04

My case is at Nebraska. They are currently processing I-485 received after 05/02, while my reciept date is 07/01.

I have no idea why this delay. Called the 800 number to request a case status information and promplty the NSC sent me a letter the very next day saying that my case was pending review, '"Please give us more time". They have not acknowledged the receipt of the final evedence nor I have been scheduled for fingerprinting. :mad:

My case is pending at the Vermont Svce Ctr. I had FP done in Feb 2004. I completed the 5 yrs and submitted the tax returns, medical exam and letter from employer on Oct 6th.
My I-140 was approved 5/01 and my I-485 RD is 9/25/01 and VSC is now processing 11/12/02. I keep checking the case status online regularly and all it tells me so far is "results of your finger printing received on ...."

Congrats Intmedmd,
When did you complete the 5 yr requirement & when did you send the final compliance documentation?

Congrats, I think the problem is with NSC. I have not heard of any NIW approvals from NSC.

I have also submitted evidence for completion of 5 years to NSC in Sep/04. Have not received any acknowledgement. Waiting...

no luck still a1b1, I am still waiting and no sign from NSC.
FP on 06/26/04
Medical was send with initial request in 12/01.

for intmeddoc

sorry for not answering promptly, got busy.
I submitted completion of 5 years evidence around Jan. 2003. Got RFE Sept.04, requesting medical again and letter from employer, may be they lost the earlier one.

Dear intmedmd:
Are you still working in the same place since your completion in Jan 2003. I was wondering if it takes so long after completion, do we have to stay in the same place in case they ask for anything.
I have mailed my compliance report 2 weeks ago but still LUD did not change. Did any of you guys saw any changes in LUD after the submission of compliance report. Please share your experience. Thanks. :confused: :confused:

Intmedmd,
That is a long time from Completing 5yrs in Jan 2003 and getting 485 approval in Nov 2004 !

alam144,
Which service center is your application pending ? My lawyer said it is OK to switch jobs after completion of 5 yrs in HPSA, which is a requirement for physicians going thru NIW, unlike other NIW cases.

The LUD does not change after USCIS receives the final evedence. Only in one instance (Coloradow NIW) recieved a letter stating that they had received the evedence and processing had resumed. From what is discussed in this fourm it is taking between 6-18 months after submitting the final evedence to recieve the approval and in all cases USCIS again issues a RFE for the employer's letter prior to the approval. Hence one should contiue the employment till the case is adjudicated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
J-1 Wawier 01/1999
H-1B--- 05/1999
I-140(NIW)---02/01
I-485----07/01
5Year evidence submitted 07/04.

Last edited by a moderator:
intmeddoc:
My case is sleeping in Nebraska since May 2001. It is scary to hear that it takes 6-18 months (as stated by a1b2) after completion of 5 years of service. I feel like a stupid that I did not go for labor certification. These lawyers screw me up, so now I donot believe what they say without checking. He says you can move but after 1 year if USCIS wants a letter from previous employer, do you think it will be easy to get? On contrary should we stay in these HPSA for that long? I donot know, you guys should shed some light. If I remember right, I think Kidsdoc's case took less than 6 months. :(

alam144 said:
intmeddoc:
My case is sleeping in Nebraska since May 2001. It is scary to hear that it takes 6-18 months (as stated by a1b2) after completion of 5 years of service. I feel like a stupid that I did not go for labor certification. These lawyers screw me up, so now I donot believe what they say without checking. He says you can move but after 1 year if USCIS wants a letter from previous employer, do you think it will be easy to get? On contrary should we stay in these HPSA for that long? I donot know, you guys should shed some light. If I remember right, I think Kidsdoc's case took less than 6 months. :(
USCIS would have no reason to deny approval of I-485, if one has completed 5 yrs aggregate in a 6 yr period, as the law states. The I-485 is approved only after the conditions are met ( unlike other NIW cases). Hence, as long as you continue to practice Medicine, you are free to practice elsewhere on a EAD until the I-485 is adjudicated. This feeling has been previously discussed by other forum members.
Most of you guys have the case pending at NSC. Kidsdoc got his approval in less than a month after sending the final documents at TSC. My case is pending at VSC, and I have not come across any other forum members who have theirs pending at VSC.

Intmeddoc said:
USCIS would have no reason to deny approval of I-485, if one has completed 5 yrs aggregate in a 6 yr period, as the law states. The I-485 is approved only after the conditions are met ( unlike other NIW cases). Hence, as long as you continue to practice Medicine, you are free to practice elsewhere on a EAD until the I-485 is adjudicated. This feeling has been previously discussed by other forum members.
Most of you guys have the case pending at NSC. Kidsdoc got his approval in less than a month after sending the final documents at TSC. My case is pending at VSC, and I have not come across any other forum members who have theirs pending at VSC.

intmeddoc:
Good to hear some positive thought. Sometimes, frustration makes us look always the negative side. I hope we all get approved soon and get back to our life.

Did you check your case in the case status portfolio where you can see any movement in your file , i.e., LUD change. My one has none yet. I did not even had my fingerprinting yet. I think NSC is the slowest in physician NIW.

alam144 said:
intmeddoc:
Good to hear some positive thought. Sometimes, frustration makes us look always the negative side. I hope we all get approved soon and get back to our life.

Did you check your case in the case status portfolio where you can see any movement in your file , i.e., LUD change. My one has none yet. I did not even had my fingerprinting yet. I think NSC is the slowest in physician NIW.
My LUD changed 10/14/04 saying "Results of your finger printing received...".