NIW Case Transferred to Milwaukee

Madison04

Registered Users (C)
I was just notified by NSC that both of our I-485 cases (my wife and I; I'm the primary) were transferred to Milwaukee local office. The following is the message:

"On September 19, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in MILWAUKEE, WI for processing. Our office in MILWAUKEE, WI will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

I was really caught off guard and lost the only hope that our cases might be approved before Oct. 1 to avoid the retrogression in EB2. :(

Does anyone have more updated information regarding Milwaukee local office's processing? For example, how long does it take to actually physically transfer our cases from NSC to Milwaukee? And how long does it take to get an interview appointment?

Any information is welcomed! Thanks!

Not to dishearten you, but my case transferred in May 2005 and I got my interview in Aug 2005. So it will atleast take 3 - 4 months before you get your interview from local office. But you never know.

Thanks, cbarus!

Looks like you're the only one here who has gone through Milwaukee center. I think your interview was scheduled really fast. I'm expecting something much slower than that. I would be thrilled, not disheartened, if I could have something like what you had...

My I-140 was approved in March 2005 and I-485 case was transfered (along with my Wife's) around same time (March, 2005) to Milwaukee Office. The transfer letter said that your case is transfered for "speed processing". There has been no updates since then. Our finger prints have expired as well in the mean time.
I am thinking of getting infopass appointment and finding out whats going on and how much more time they are going to take.

speed?

Is there a difference in "speed processing" and "processing"? My letter says speed processing.

pras01 said:
Is there a difference in "speed processing" and "processing"? My letter says speed processing.
Do you really believe this kind of bulls**t from USCIS? My and my wife's I-485s were transferred after they received our RFE's and reviewed the cases. If they hadn't done the transfer, our cases would have been approved on that transfer day. "Speed processing" is simply a phrase used by USCIS to further delay your cases...