NIW (biometrics for baby ?)

topbrucelee

Registered Users (C)
Hello

My wife and I got biometrics appointment notice at the end of September, but not for my daughter.
She is only 3years old, Does she should do biometrics, not fingerprint?

I talked to two USCIS officer, one officer said "yes", but the other officer said "no" So, I am very confused, if anyone knows this answer, please reply !~.

Topbrucelee

I-140(NIW) & 485
RD 09/08/05
AD 10/03/05 (I-140)

topbrucelee said:
Hello

My wife and I got biometrics appointment notice at the end of September, but not for my daughter.

I talked to two USCIS officer, one officer said "yes", but the other officer said "no" So, I am very confused, if anyone knows this answer, please reply !~.

Topbrucelee

I-140(NIW) & 485
RD 09/08/05
AD 10/03/05 (I-140)

The answer is "NO" as one officer said. The fingerprinting is for background check for any criminal activity. It is not applicable for a toddler like your daughter.

topbrucelee said:
Hello

Topbrucelee

I-140(NIW) & 485
RD 09/08/05
AD 10/03/05 (I-140)

..same story, waiting for my daughter's biometrics. My attorney said that she may need to go for biometrics (picture and index finger) for plastic green card. But it would happen closer to the approval of main applicant's case, so hang in there!

Thank you for all of your reply.

Thank you very much for giving the information.

My attorney talked to USCIS officer, "they said, when my daughter needs to do it, will be inform us." Anyway I will wait any notice from the USCIS regarding my daughter's biometrics information. We could not make an appointment schedule for my daughter when my attorney and I called to USCIS. I don't know, but i am considering my daughter is just 3 years ago, so they may not need it right away.

I will keep here posted for any relating information.