NIW Benefits.

JAIRAM_13

Hi

Can any one please expalin benefits of NIW cases. I know that you don\'t have to go through labor certifcate. The NIW cases falls under EB2 category. For India, the EB-2 is not current for filing I-485. Can you carry over I-140 approval from one company to an other i.e. you don\'t have to file new I-140 if change job under I-140.

Can you apply for Consulate processing if your I-140 gets approved but EB-2 priority dates are not current.

Thanks.

No Title

You can change companies provided that you are the petitioner i.e., your company doesnt support your case ... but this might not be much of an advantage with the new provisions in S.2045.

You can apply for CP/AOS but in either case you need to prove that you will not become a public charge i.e., you have a job. Also you need to stick to the same field in which your NIW is approved till you finish the process.

NIW is much more difficult to obtain than regular EB2 ... think twice before you apply in this category.

Re. your last question: NO! you cannot apply for CP/AOS till your priority date is current.