NIW-based I485 approved prematurely.

NIW applicant

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have recently finished my 3 yrs on a J1 waiver and have an approved NIW. I sent in preliminary evidence of compliance and the BCIS sent me an FP notice and rfe for medical. I got those done and just got an approval of my I485, even though my 5 yrs aren't completed. They even forwarded my husband's file to the local office here and said they would be sending him an interview request.
Any advice on what I should do?
I'm extremely confused.

Thanks.

Congratulations! :cool: :cool: Lucky you. Atleast USCIS atleast started working and approved your case. I think you should get your passport stamped and relax.

Can you tell us when did you send the compliance report. There are people in this group who are waiting for more than 3 months since report but not approved yet.

In August.
By the way, i talked to my attorneys and they say that I will have to get the approval cancelled for now, and have it re-issued in 2 years. So now I have to pay them $150 per hour to work on getting this mess sorted out!!!! Unbelievable!!

I donot understand why do you have to undo thing that was not because of your fault. Donot just listen to your attorney, may be cosult with couple of other attorneys,i.e., Shusterman, Lubin or Siebert. It is still worth to pay others. May be you should wait until your husband finish his interview. Can you tell us what type of papers did you submit for compliance. Did you send any new letter from the State again. Thanks.
Kidsdoc and J1 victim has more knowledge, who might help.

congratulations on approval I would not change the job till have done 5 years as can get into problm during citizenship. :)

Sounds like they loaded some ancient pre 1998 software into their decrepit computer system.

I wouldn't go and have it cancelled. Get your passport stamped and continue to work in the HPSA/MUA to complete your five years. You keep your part of the bargain, there is not too much they can hold against you.

I did not send anything from the State. Only evidence of working where I do ie tax returns, W-2s and a letter from the employer. Good luck with your case and thanks for your replies.

BTW,
I consulted with 2 different law firms, and they both advise that we inform the BCIS of their mistake. They think that if they find out later, we may not be able to salvage the case. No point in sleepless nights later for no reason.
So now we pay the attorneys big bucks to fix their mistake!!! :mad: