NIW at VSC approved (ND: March 2003)

november1

Registered Users (C)
Hi

There is still hope for NIW at VSC. My I-140 NIW was approved on December 5th from VSC (ND: march 10, 2003) This was a long wait for me. I would really appreciate if someone could answer the following question.

I was wondering Is it possible to have I-485 pending with one application (I-140 OR ) and CP pending with the second application (I-140 NIW) at the same time?

I did not OPT to Consular Processing on my I-140 NIW. And I know that, if I want to go to CP, I have to submit I-824. But, would that mean that I am abounding my I-485 (although I-485 is based on the approved I-140 OR, and is pending in VSC since November 10, 2004)?
Thanks

November 1

Congratulations November1 ..

I do not have an answer to your questions, I just wanted to seek explanation on how VSC processes NIW!! My case is pending since Dec, 2002. Everyone seems to agree that there are no priorities within VSC on who is processed first. But it does not seem to be the case!! Were there any special circumstances associated with the filing of your case at VSC? Thanks.

AneesHarhur said:
Congratulations November1 ..
Were there any special circumstances associated with the filing of your case at VSC? Thanks.

I would like to add to the previous question:
"Did you submit concurrent filling of I140 and I485?"

Oberton, That is a great question. It will be interesting to see whether VSC does give priority for concurrently filed 140 and 485. In my particular case, I-140 (ND 12/02) was filed almost 8 month prior to 485 (ND 8/03). Obviously in my case concurrent (but delayed) filing had no effect!!

november1

Hi
No, it was not concurrent filing
I work in the area of cancer research, have papers, grants. Work at theUniversity. There is nothing special about my application.
Good luck to you

November 1, I was wondering if you noticed any sign that your case was going to be appoved prior to that you were noticed.

My ND is about 3 weeks after yours, and it is still pending...

november 1

no, nothing
LUD was march 2003
except, my I-140 OR was approved on November1
I just don't know if a person can have I-485 and CP pending together (for two different applications)
I would appreciate the answer (if someone knows)
Good luck to everyone

november1 said:
no, nothing
LUD was march 2003
except, my I-140 OR was approved on November1
I just don't know if a person can have I-485 and CP pending together (for two different applications)
I would appreciate the answer (if someone knows)
Good luck to everyone

I don't see why not.

Brian

NIW & EB1OR approved!

Friends,
Received email notification that my I140 (Both NIW & EB1OR) got approved today.

NIW:

ND : 10 Jan 2003.
AD : 15 Dec 2004

EB1 OR :

ND : 2 Jan 2003
AD : 15 Dec 2004.

I485: ND 14 Nov 2003
FP: 22 Nov 2004
2nd EAD & AP,
ND: 30 Nov 2004
AD: Dec 11 2004

Hope all get approval soon.

NIW and background (Could Sceptic read this message)

sceptic,
I am holding my H-1B visa in my third year. Could you explain how your extend your H-1B in the seventh year before your greencard application approved? When do you think it is the deadline for applying greencard in my case?( I came in USA in June 2002). Also could you share some experience with me how your background fits NIW category? Such as how many papers you have, what's the journal's rank that you published your paper? Are you a postdoc in University or a faculty? Maybe you are faculty since you have grants.
Any suggestions or comments from you are highly appreicated.

ny915w said:
sceptic,
I am holding my H-1B visa in my third year. Could you explain how your extend your H-1B in the seventh year before your greencard application approved? When do you think it is the deadline for applying greencard in my case?( I came in USA in June 2002). Also could you share some experience with me how your background fits NIW category? Such as how many papers you have, what's the journal's rank that you published your paper? Are you a postdoc in University or a faculty? Maybe you are faculty since you have grants.
Any suggestions or comments from you are highly appreicated.

You can extend the H1B to the seventh year if the I-140 is pending for more than 365 days.
Regarding my background :
Ph. D in organic chemistry with 8 years research experience, 12 publications in top journals, 3 abstracts, 4 patents and around 75 citations, 9 rec. letters (four from independant experts). I work for a small chemical/pharmaceutical firm in the area of drug discovery. Also, I applied through a reputed law firm.
Hope this helps.

Niw

sceptic,
Thank you for your information. Which immigration center are you in? Could you tell me wich reputed law firm you employed? I need to find a good NIW lawyer for myself too. Just don't know how to find a good lawyer or a good firm!
Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

ny915w said:
sceptic,
Thank you for your information. Which immigration center are you in? Could you tell me wich reputed law firm you employed? I need to find a good NIW lawyer for myself too. Just don't know how to find a good lawyer or a good firm!
Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Vermont. Attorney Murthy represented my case. You can see more details about the office at www. murthy.com

No matter you hire a lawyer or not, you are supposed to do a whole lot homework in preparing the petition. Lawyers do not know anything about you or your research field (hoping you are in that area) , so you have to present before them the very best what you are and what impact your research has on US economy or healthcare or whatever criteria they are looking for the relevent category you are applying for. People have varying perceptions as to hire an attorney or not. I felt this an excellent forum and if you go through variuos threads you will get lot more information before you start the GC processing.