NIW approved in VSC in 5 mo

bobbyren

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I just got my NIW approval notice this morning which was approved in VSC on November 1, 2004 (on-line status changed). Also got a transfer notice that my I485 has been transferred to the Philly local office. Now waiting for FP 1.

I think I am lucky to get my NIW approved. Currently I am a postdoc at a university. I think I paid a lot of attention to get the recommendation letters as well as the petition letter and support evdience, as suggested by my lawyer. I finally submitted 8 letters.

Publications: 7 articles in international journals; 8 meeting papers ; 4 invited talks in workshops.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting,

Bobbyren

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation! NIW is really frustrated if you look at the processing time. I am not sure whether I AM the last one stilling waiting for information for more than two years. Are there someone in the same boat? ND 10-18-02

bobbyren said:
Hi guys,

I just got my NIW approval notice this morning which was approved in VSC on November 1, 2004 (on-line status changed). Also got a transfer notice that my I485 has been transferred to the Philly local office. Now waiting for FP 1.

Case situation: I140 (EB2 NIW): ND May 19, 2004
I485 for myself and my wife: ND Sep 23, 2004
FP1: not received yet
Both were self-filed although got some help from a lawyer for I140.

I think I am lucky to get my NIW approved. Currently I am a postdoc at a university working on some research about ai quality. In the petition, I emphasized the importance of improving air quality to the public health, which I believe is a national interest. I think I paid a lot of attention to get the recommendation letters as well as the petition letter and support evdience, as suggested by my lawyer. I finally submitted 8 letters: 2 from federal gov (one from US EPA, which I believe helped great to my case), 1 from a State gov, 3 from oversea (two of them don't know me, but know my research through my publication), one from my boss and the last on from a famous scientist who is a PI in an US EPA funded project I involved in.

Publications: 7 articles (1 in Science with 5th author) in international journals (all of them were published htis year or last year); 8 meeting papers (most are posters); 4 invited talks in workshops.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting,

Bobbyren

Congratulations. At least it indicates that VSC is still processing NIW.

Bobbyren:

Thanks for sharing your good news with us. What a lucky person! I have a few questions for you. Could you please help to address them?

1. How did you get the government (federal and statement) recommendation letter? I heard that some people writes to government and ask them to comment on their work. Is this the way for your letters?

2. You mentioned that you got some help from a lawyer for your 140. If you donot mind, could you please let me know who the lawyer is?

I got my PhD in May 2004 in biochemistry. My reseach area is in eye disease (supported by NIH funds, so I believe it is a NIW). I have totally 8 publications (only 1 first author published and 1 first author for submission). 3 conference papers, 1 invited speaker. No awards, no media reports, no reviwer for any journals.

I am not very confident in my case. I consulted with a few lawyers and they donot think that I have much chance to be approved. I want to give it a try by myself but am still hesitating...

Thanks a lot!

flyfly

Niw At Vsc

way said:
Congratulation! NIW is really frustrated if you look at the processing time. I am not sure whether I AM the last one stilling waiting for information for more than two years. Are there someone in the same boat? ND 10-18-02

Hi I know someone who has exact same ND as yours (10-18-02, NIW, VSC) just got approved recently.

Bobbyren,

Could you explain why your case was so quickly approved?

It seems the current NIW processing time is Oct 2002 at VSC.

Thank you.

Oberton,

To be honest, I don't know why my 140 got approved so fast either. I think no one knows it except CIS. I did know some other more NIW 140s approved in VSC, which might indicate faster processing in VSC. Anyway, I think I prepared my NIW pretty well with the help from my lawyer. As
lso it would be not surprising to me if I need to reply RFE if they want.

Good luck.

Have a nice weekend.

Bobby

Hello everyone,

This is my very first post in this portal. As with Way, I am waiting for my pending NIW at VSC (ND 12/2002). I am wondering if anyone knows someone with pending EB2 or EB1 since 2002? Does nationality play a roled on deciding who is given priority when processing NIW?

Thanks,

AneesHarhur said:
Hello everyone,

This is my very first post in this portal. As with Way, I am waiting for my pending NIW at VSC (ND 12/2002). I am wondering if anyone knows someone with pending EB2 or EB1 since 2002? Does nationality play a roled on deciding who is given priority when processing NIW?

Thanks,

No priority within NIW category. There are priorities across different categories. For the processsing of I-140 in vermont, unskilled worker has the highest priority, NIW has the lowest priority.

Congrats!
I had my NIW I-140 approved in 8 months from VSC (April 2004). My I 485 ND is June 1, 2004. It would be interesting to find out if anyone has got FP notice for I 485 filed in 2004.