NIW approved after RFE/TSC!!!

Fgsilva

Registered Users (C)
Just got the email minutes ago!!!! :D :D It was approved!!! They received my reply to RFE (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=212751) on 6/21/06, so it took them around 40 days for aproval.

Thanks again to all here for all the help and great suggestions! Now, time to move on to the next step, since I haven't submitted I-485 yet.

Best of luck to all here. Don't give up or get discouraged if you get an RFE. Just work hard on it to answer all that they ask and you should be fine!

congrats !
please share what you did as RFE response (if u have not done so already)
good luck with ur I-485 preparations

hi and thanks to all for the congrats!!! But again I thank the people here for taking the time to answer to my questions before. Now it's time for me to ask about I-485!!! :D

For my RFE I pretty much wrote a new lengthy cover letter (18 pages, single space) emphasizing the 3 mains prongs. I also got 6 new references, added most recent progress report for my research; added new citations to my work. In my initial petition I had written it as if it were for EA. I mentioned in my letter the fact that I did not properly describe the merit of my case in my initial petition and that the original evidences already demonstrated that merit. So, I still quoted what my first references had said about the intrinsic merit of my research, labor certification, etc. I followed the model of a colleague whom got approved for NIW within 3 months of submission of his petition last year. I may be wrong but I think that the officer who's reading your case does not want to be spending time trying to find out if you fit the 3 mains prongs: you HAVE to show that in your cover letter very clearly. Use key phrases/words from your references; highlight it! Italicize it! Put in bold!! Anything that will make it visible to the person. Imagine you’re in their shoes and having to read thousands of similar cases. You bump into one who seems OK but doesn’t clearly shows that, what would you do? RFE so that you can move on to work on the next case!

If anybody else have more questions, please feel free to PM me.

all the best!

eb1doc said:
congrats !
please share what you did as RFE response (if u have not done so already)
good luck with ur I-485 preparations

Congratulation. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Fgsilva said:
hi and thanks to all for the congrats!!! But again I thank the people here for taking the time to answer to my questions before. Now it's time for me to ask about I-485!!! :D

For my RFE I pretty much wrote a new lengthy cover letter (18 pages, single space) emphasizing the 3 mains prongs. I also got 6 new references, added most recent progress report for my research; added new citations to my work. In my initial petition I had written it as if it were for EA. I mentioned in my letter the fact that I did not properly describe the merit of my case in my initial petition and that the original evidences already demonstrated that merit. So, I still quoted what my first references had said about the intrinsic merit of my research, labor certification, etc. I followed the model of a colleague whom got approved for NIW within 3 months of submission of his petition last year. I may be wrong but I think that the officer who's reading your case does not want to be spending time trying to find out if you fit the 3 mains prongs: you HAVE to show that in your cover letter very clearly. Use key phrases/words from your references; highlight it! Italicize it! Put in bold!! Anything that will make it visible to the person. Imagine you’re in their shoes and having to read thousands of similar cases. You bump into one who seems OK but doesn’t clearly shows that, what would you do? RFE so that you can move on to work on the next case!

all the best!

Fgsilva said:

all the best!

good job!!