NIW approvals

No Title

Any new developments. Any body heard any rumors about NIW or regarding the final guidelines for NIW.
Wish you all a very happy and successful year.

No Title

I have decided to abandon my NIW petition. After I finish my 3 years in a HPSA, I\'ll start a new job( hopefully urban ) on a H1 visa and have my new employer sponsor me for a GC. You haven\'t got your NIW petition approval yet despite sending your RFE so long ago. I get the feeling that INS is determined not to give us NIWs. Other I-140s are being approved in 16 days after initial application, how come physician NIWs are not being approved even a month or more after RFE was received ?

No Title

Hi I have recently got a H1 visa after a long wait after obtaining a J1 waiver thru a HPSA facility. I would greatly appreciate any info on how to apply for NIW and also on whom to contact for the MBBS being equivalent to MD. Please help!!

No Title

Hi Please help!! I have recently got a H1 visa after a long wait after obtaining a J1 waiver thru a HPSA facility. I would greatly appreciate any info on how to apply for NIW and also on whom to contact for the MBBS being equivalent to MD. Please help!!

No Title

Hi, Ram,
I am a J-1 visa holder and I am interested in applying for a residency program of H1b visa.
Could you kindly supply your information about this issue? Thanks in advance.

No Title

Hi I had a F1 visa and I joined the residency program on a J1 visa and literally struggled (spent half my life time) to get a J visa waiver to work at a HPSA facility. I am not sure as to how you can convert in order to join Residency. Some of my friends however had done it after taking step 3 and all this news is more than 5 years ago when I joined residency. Perhaps you could ask a lawyer regarding new rules. I hope this helps!

No Title

i Thanks a lot. I hates the J1 waiver process, which is too boring and tough as you mentioned.

b Do you think a F1 student is eligible to apply for a green card? Because I prefer to apply for a residency program with permenant residency (two residencies ^_^) Your help will be appreciated!

No Title

I think if you are on a F1 visa then you may be able to join Residency on a H1 visa if your program director would agree and you have passed all the 3 USMLE exams. (I hear now there is a oral exam also). I am still unclear as to the process involved in obtaining a green card after just havin got my H visa status approval. I donot know if I should apply for GC after 3 years or start the NIW process with a promise to work fro 5 years. I was hoping someone would guide me thru it. I am not sure how you can get GC from a F1 directly unless you have a 1st degree family relative or a spouse sponsoring you. But if are not on a J visa then it may be easy to get a H visa and do residency.

No Title

b Thank you for your honest and practical information.

I am holding a J1 visa, and I am confused if I should stay working as a postdoc or study a PhD degree. If green card weights very much, I have to spend more than 4 years to win a GC though H1b strategy. But if a F1 visa holder have the almost same priority, I would like to pursue a degree firstly. Because I love the science as medicine. On my case, if you were me, what\'s your decision? Thanks again.

No Title

If you have a J1 visa no matter what visa you change to - F1 or H1 your 2 year HRR still stays. It is all dependent on your priorities. My goal is GC and citizenship. So though I was on a F1 I changed to J1 to do my residency and then a fellowship while finding a HPSA site and finally I have got a H1. But I still have a long route to NIW / to GC. So if your passion is to do PhD etc.. go for it. Remember, you can always do that after you establish your GC. However your decision should be based on your priorities.

No Title

i you are right, and thanks for your advice.

b If I had a PhD of US, will it benefit my application for GC greatly, through NIW/EB strategy? For residency program H1b applicant need to pass some exam, or not?

No Title

Dear Sir
Can you elaborate a little. Were you not in the category of physician who are supposed to work three years on H1B ( OF Course if you were on J-1 initially)before applying for i485.
Thanks
azhar

No Title

there is J1 wch doesnt require 2yrHm Contry stay.Arranged by other than ECFMG.Obviously not for residency programs. Usually for some researches.These folks can convert to H1 without any waiver whatsoever.

E-1,

Any one got RFE for E-1. If yes could you explain your experience?
Mine is self petions with RD- may 2003.
Appreciate opinions and suggestions