NIW approvals

Sridam Maitra

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody had their Physician NIW petition approved yet since INS started accepting applications on October 6, 2000 ?

No Title

i got rfe which i answered , the message changed on 11-15 to state that they have received the reply to rfe.any idea if any thing cooking for people who had there petition thrown out before 11-98 and who didnot appeal ( idiots like me), any body contemplating a law suit
my details-
new niw filed- may-2000
rfe- 10-24
rfe replied- 11-15
bye

No Title

Dear whitefox,
           What was your RFE about ? I applied for a NIW (Receipt date 10/31/00) and the automated INS phone line says that an RFE was sent out on 11/21/00. My lawyer says they haven\'t received it yet so I\'m waiting. I\'m wondering if my RFE is regarding getting a new letter from the State Health Dept. or something easier.
           Like you, I initially applied for NIW before 11/98 which I appealed once but was turned down in 12/98 and I didn\'t appeal again. Unfortunately, the law ( PL 106-95 )states that only those applications pending in 11/99 would be granted the 3-year advantage and not every application filed before 11/98. So I doubt that a lawsuit on our part would help either.

No Title

i 485 approved finally
details are
140 - jan 1998 niw md
485 rd dec -98
2 fp
2 e cards

No Title

Dear Sridam,
My Rfe was about my MBBS being equivalent to MD and they wanted my usmle certificates and contract covering the total 5 yr period. Two of my friends got similar RFE. If u haven\'t got your educational equivalence done form some agency here get going on it.
Bye, all the best and hope this helps u.

No Title

Thanks, whitefox. That\'s a weird request, I\'ve never had anybody ask for proof that MBBS is the same as MD. What kind of organisation would certify that? Where did you get such a letter ? Also, do I now have to produce a 5 year-contract ? I have a 3-yr contract from 10/98 to 9/2001 and I was hoping to find a better job at the end of 3 years based on the assumption that I would have a work-permit by then. But if having a 5-year contract is a must, I might as well give up trying for an NIW and start a new job on a H1 visa when I finish 3 years.

No Title

Dear Sridam,
Don\'t get disheartened. There is an organisation called educational Verification service in MA. I have the details at home and if you can provide me witha contact number i will be happy to let u know. Just get a 5 yr contract , u have no obligation to stick to the same job for 5yrs, u can move to another HPSA area. I did get an extension in the form of contract modification and sent it to INS.
bye

No Title

I have received a letter from INS stating that that INS needs a contract for five years. But according to my understanding NIW is a self petition and does not need any contract. Does anybody know about this?

No Title

Thanks a lot, whitefox, for your hausla-afzaayee ( I hope you understand Hindi, actually Urdu ? ). My email address is sridam@hotmail.com - it\'ll be great if you could email me the details about the educational credential agency you went through. Thanks once again for helping out. Bye

No Title

Hey Guys
This is PedsMD.As far as my understanding goes if u apply for NIW and change job one has to apply for fresy NIW so please check with ur attorney.
Bye

No Title

Dear PedsMD,
             That\'s correct. But a future plan ( which is only a thought at this present time) should not in any way affect an NIW petition based on the present job.

No Title

Dear Puttu,
Don\'t debate this metaphilosphical issue. just send an amended contract for the 5yr period.

No Title

I finally found out what my RFE asks for - an updated letter from the State Health Dept in WA state and a 5 year employment contract dated within the last 6 months. Big surprise, right ?

No Title

I got the RFE letter today, they request a contarct for a full time job in the MUA, evidence that the place of work falls within the MUA, a letter from a goverment agency( Dept. of Public health) attesting that my work in the MUA is in the National Interest, evidence that I passed NBME and is competent in oral and written English( may be they mean the ECFMG certificate), and evidence of the J1 visa waiver.
 as you may notice all these things they asked for are a basic requirments for any physician to be able to get H1B visa and be able to work,,, some of the IIO do not even look and reveiw the file to see if these things are already in file!!!

good luck to all of you.

ANDY

No Title

Dear Andy,
Haven\'t you figured out that the ins guys are in the stage of Concrete thinking (symbolising early teen), where even though you may be board certified they want proof that you have passed high school etc. etc..........

No Title

Guys, I just realised one thing on my RFE today, they have asked for a "full-time" contract, which to me means 40 hours per week. Nowhere does INS say that the duration of the offered employment has to be 5 years. I think it\'s a key point, why are we thinking that it has to be a 5 year contract?
Any ideas, Andy or Safed Lomri?

No Title

Dear Sridam,
they mean the 5 yr period because my contract explicitly stated that i am a full time physician working 40 hrs/ week. they wanted the contract to extend to cover the full 5 yr period. I hope this helps .

No Title

Dear whitefox,
             Any news on your front yet? You sent your RFE info more than a month ago, didn\'t you?

No Title

Dear Village MD,
As is the story of my life, i AM STILL AWAITING a reply from INS. Some day I hope to see light at the end of the tunnel.
Wishing all of you a merry christmas and Happy New Year.