NIW and I-485 interview

kishore_67

Registered Users (C)
NIW I-140 approved under EB2 category. No job offer. Did clinical research. Service center is vermont. I-485 pending.

Invite readers to share their experiences regarding I-485 interview. Is the interview a random process or every one gets interviewed?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks!

Congrats. Could you post your case summary (how many papers, highest degree and graduation dates, number of recommendation letters etc.). Thanks.

Originally posted by kishore_67
NIW I-140 approved under EB2 category. No job offer. Did clinical research. Service center is vermont. I-485 pending.

Invite readers to share their experiences regarding I-485 interview. Is the interview a random process or every one gets interviewed?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks!

In theory, requests for interviews are random. Some attorneys are saying that NIW cases are being re-adjucated at the interviews. It might be a good idea to bring an attorney to the interview to ensure that your rights are protected.

Also, make sure you meet the criteria for "no public charge". No job makes this difficult.

Brian

Originally posted by Raj1994
Congrats. Could you post your case summary (how many papers, highest degree and graduation dates, number of recommendation letters etc.). Thanks.

Clinical research while working as a resident doctor. about 4-5 papers. One was published in NEJM-that certainly helped. MBBS, MRCP, MD (PGI), graduated in 1992. About 10 recommendation letters. had to answar to 1 RFE. Hope this helps.

Re: Re: NIW and I-485 interview

Originally posted by leroythelion
In theory, requests for interviews are random. Some attorneys are saying that NIW cases are being re-adjucated at the interviews. It might be a good idea to bring an attorney to the interview to ensure that your rights are protected.

Also, make sure you meet the criteria for "no public charge". No job makes this difficult.

Brian

Many thanks for the info. I am in a job, but not a research job. I was never in a full time research position.

Wow, nine months waiting. Congratulations to you. Does anyone know the RD of most recent approval at VSC?

Jan 7 2002 and Oct 10, 2002

Re: Re: Re: NIW and I-485 interview

Many thanks for the info. I am in a job, but not a research job. I was never in a full time research position.

Make sure you are working in the same area outlined in your NIW petition.

Brian