• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

NIGERIA WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN Dv2015

Nigeria will not take part in the coming dv2015 i Got this info in the internet prove me wrong.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa

i think you may be wrong for this.. check below

Exemptions

The term 50,000 "immigrants" refers only to people who immigrated via the family-sponsored, employment, or immediate relatives of U.S. citizen categories, and does not include other categories such as refugees, asylum seekers, NACARA beneficiaries, or previous diversity immigrants. It is for this reason that Cuba, Iran, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Nigeria, Iraq and Venezuela are not on the ineligible list as of 2012 despite sending over 50,000 immigrants in the previous five years.[4]

it says nigeria are not on the ineligible list.. which means we are eligible if there is going to be 2015 visa lottery

it says nigeria are not on the ineligible list.. which means we are eligible if there is going to be 2015 visa lottery

that's the thing. if the new immigration reform will be accepted there will be no more dv lottery.

Obama is correct. It is very clear in the Wikipedia article.

IF (and that is a VERY BIG IF) there is a DV-2015 Lottery, Nigeria becomes ineligible for that year. Sorry to all the Nigerians who have not been successful yet.

The US Congress (Senate first, House later) will bring the new immigration reform bill to the floor soon, and the debates will start. There is much anger over this bill by conservative members. There will also be numerous amendments that certain groups will try to make to the bill (UAFA is one). There is a good chance that nothing will pass.

The current draft of the bill kills the Diversity Lottery - so there would be no more lottery after DV-2014 (results in 12 days!!!).

BUT....because Congress is so dysfunctional at the moment, they might not even get to the point of voting on a new bill - which would mean that DV-2015 would occur.

If you are following US news, you know that even though 90% of the American people were behind the gun control bill that was in front of the Senate, it did not pass. Congress is very much out of touch with the wishes of the people.

The dysfunction of Congress is a very good thing for those people who are dependent on the DV Lottery!

I'm with you on this Sukie - my eyes have been glued to everything I can read at the moment on this (when it should be on my studies lol). Unfortunately, there seems to be so much written on every other aspect of the reforms but little mention of the DV lottery other than it's abolishment.

I am sorry to read about Nigeria.

Q

Sukie, thanks for making this clear!
I hope we are all successful for DV2014 but to think it could be the last one is so frightening!

i think you may be wrong for this.. check below

Exemptions

The term 50,000 "immigrants" refers only to people who immigrated via the family-sponsored, employment, or immediate relatives of U.S. citizen categories, and does not include other categories such as refugees, asylum seekers, NACARA beneficiaries, or previous diversity immigrants. It is for this reason that Cuba, Iran, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Nigeria, Iraq and Venezuela are not on the ineligible list as of 2012 despite sending over 50,000 immigrants in the previous five years.[4]

sorry for this guyzz.. i read it clearly yesterday when i got home... i can see that my country (Nigeria) will not be participating in the coming 2015 if there is going to be.. i pray this 2014 is my year.....