NICOP for family

barry4me

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am Pakistani (I also hold US Citizenship as of 2009), my husband is US born (no pakistani origin) and we have a daughter born in the US.
We want to travel to Pakistan in May for my brother's wedding.

I know I can get a NICOP, but can my daughter and husband get NICOP as well?

Hey there,

Yes, you can obtain a NICOP for your other family members. I am in the process of applying for a NICOP for my son who was born in the United States a few months ago.

I am also hearing that they are planning on making the NICOP a lifetime card once obtained.

Good luck.

No. If he never held Pakistani citizenship, he cannot get POC or NICOP.

POC is for those who held Pakistani citizenship at any time during their lifetime.
NICOP is for those who currently hold Pakistani citizenship, irrespective if they hold other citizenshp(s) or not.

my husband is US born (no pakistani origin)

husband get NICOP as well?

idea of timelines?

Hey there,

Yes, you can obtain a NICOP for your other family members. I am in the process of applying for a NICOP for my son who was born in the United States a few months ago.

I am also hearing that they are planning on making the NICOP a lifetime card once obtained.

Good luck.

Hey Carmelo, do you have any idea how long the NICOP takes to process? I sent my application on Oct 31 to the NY embassy and haven't heard a thing back from them. There's apparently a receipt or something that is sent in the mail but i have yet to receive it.

Thanks

Hey Carmelo, do you have any idea how long the NICOP takes to process? I sent my application on Oct 31 to the NY embassy and haven't heard a thing back from them. There's apparently a receipt or something that is sent in the mail but i have yet to receive it.

Thanks

Assalam Alaikum,

I also submitted my application around the same time. My current status says "In Process". The guy at the embassy told me I should receive it within 6 weeks. If you PM your name , I can find out the receipt number for you.

Thanks

Appreciate the response. Thats ok - I have emailed them and hope to get a receipt number eventually. Not in a rush since my pak passport is still valid so i can land on that if the nicop doesn't make it.

Okay - no problem. Let us know if you receive your NICOP. I will also update when I receive mine.

@BostonAdGirl:

I received my NICOP today. :)

Oh thats great! Congratulations! I received my receipt on Friday but a status check online says "no record found". Hoping since yours moved quick, they just bypass the status update and simply mail mine too..!
Thanks for the update.

My status changed from "In Process" to "Sent To Printing" to "Dispatched Date" to "Tracking Info".