Next step is an interview

Angelhernt

Actually a relative has filled asylum some months ago, no biometric interview have been scheduled, but suddenly the status changes from "My application was received" to "My next step is an interview".

1 week ago a letter requesting information about the case and the future biometric appointment was sent to USCIS by the applicant.

The question is: It means something? or it just different words to say the same thing.

Thanks.

Actually a relative has filled asylum some months ago, no biometric interview have been scheduled, but suddenly the status changes from "My application was received" to "My next step is an interview".

1 week ago a letter requesting information about the case and the future biometric appointment was sent to USCIS by the applicant.

The question is: It means something? or it just different words to say the same thing.

Thanks.
it means they scheduled a biometric appointment

it means they scheduled a biometric appointment

Excuse me but, are you 100% sure about the meaning of that status?, i ask you this for 2 reasons:

1.- The text attached to the status basically just explain that the next step is an interview in person (without specify time or reason of the interview, or even mention if the interview was assigned to you already).

2.- Until this moment my relative has not received any letter about the biometric interview.

PS: I will attach an screenshot about the text, thank you for your opinion guys and any help.

Attachments

• D8C146EA-D307-44B7-B8AD-EADAC29CC959.jpeg
    D8C146EA-D307-44B7-B8AD-EADAC29CC959.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 24
Excuse me but, are you 100% sure about the meaning of that status?, i ask you this for 2 reasons:

1.- The text attached to the status basically just explain that the next step is an interview in person (without specify time or reason of the interview, or even mention if the interview was assigned to you already).

2.- Until this moment my relative has not received any letter about the biometric interview.

PS: I will attach an screenshot about the text, thank you for your opinion guys and any help.
They have mailed the biometric appointment notice but you it has not reached you yet