NewYork State is lagging behind in I-485 approvals.

Russian Ivan

Registered Users (C)
Data for September 2001 VSC filers, based on the Rupnet:

All filers/Approved – 163/329 – appr. 50%

All States EB3 filers/Appr’d EB3 – 70/133 – 53%

All NY filers/ Appr’d – 40%

NY EB3/Appr’d – 4/11 – 37%

The numbers for NY are rather small to say definitevely that we're singled out by the VSC to endure the gut-wrenching, teeth-gnashing, arm-twisting, mind-bugling, heart-breaking wait.

Hei, brother!
It is nice to see another Russian face among the regular Indian crowd. What's your RD/ND?
Are you also a programmer (like 99% of people hanging out here)?:cool:

Hey Sis....

It's amazing that you could discern my russianness in this motley crew - I guess one can't conseal it.

RD 09/27/01, ND 11/16/01

Hear this - PD 10/1997 - has been working on the GC for that long. Thanks to Mr. Lawyer - well, he got this off the ground and he screwed it a bit, too... He's a shmack, but I don't really dislike him yet...

I took matters into my own hands since his office is (was?) in the WTC area, and I was working on the I-485 application around the 9/11. After 9/11 the whole area was in ruins or blocked by the NYPD, his office was closed, and I did all the filings myself.

I am a derivative applicant - I'm in finance, accounting that is...

What about you?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, bro,
It took me some time to figure your nationality out, but I decided to take a guess and I was right! Am I not the lucky one???? :)))))

I am just a year behind you. I 've started the whole thing in OCt. 1998, waited for 2.5 years for LC to clear (thanks to NJ Dept. of Labor), changed lawyers in the middle of LC process, so it is all very familiar to me... I guess there are hundreds of similar stories on this board. Not that it makes me happier, but it is a little bit more comforting.

I am not in IT industry unfortunately , I am in travel marketing (pays much less than IT) and I am a primary applicant. My employer sucks... The only good thing about my job is that I have to travel to Russia on business once in a while.

Filed for I-485 in Dec. 2001 and before this IBIS security checks started I was hoping to get approved some time in October. Now I don't even know when.

I hope that you get approved soon and that I will be right behind you!

Poka!
Your sis Maroussia

Privet again,

Hello Sis Marusia,

It's really nice to have you here, so I can share my thoughts ans ask questions I've had in
my head for a while. I tried to find another discussion board on the I-485 topic with people
who have similar situation to yours and mine. I like this board, but as you noticed, the profile
of people here is quite different from our: most of them are IT people from India and China(?)
and my feeling is that the INS is mindful of I-485 applicants countries of origins or occupation .
In the current political situation it's hardly arguable that a person from Hong Kong (for ex) would most likely get faster approval than someone with the same professional cridentials from the Saudi Arabia.
What do think about us being from Russia ( in my case it's KZ as a country of birth and UA as nationality)?
Am I being paranoic ? Well, I am…everyone who has waited for longer than a year is…
See, the problem I have now is that all of us, I-485 filers, are undergoing a certain psychological transformation
which will leave a mark on our personalities for the rest of our lives. It might sound odd, but that's what it is…
Yesterday I had a call from a recruiter from Manhattan and offered me a really good position which I would take
since I'm really fed up with my current employer ( bear in mind I am a derivative applicant). Then he called back and asked me whether I have a green card. I said " Not today yet, but..." - he wasn't interested anymore.

One can write a lot about this - TBC.

Otherwise I keep in a good spirit; drink wine, play chess, read history books, etc...
My light nervousness is also fueled by all the other current events, such as Iraq, the sniper, the economy, etc…

A komu seichas legko?!

Privet

Russian Ivan ( Konstantin)

Long LC from NY

Sorry to barge in your talk, but I need to vent my frustration. So you too got screwed by exceedingly long LC . My PD is in July of 97. Remember that RIR was introduced in October 96, so I'm still not sure whether my lawyer was "cautious" (stronger words come to mind) or he was TOLD to stretch my application for as long as possible.

Just like you, I lost many, many jobs because of GC. I estimated my potential losses at least 60K for the two years that my LC was delayed because of regular LC.

This state sucks from all points of view: taxes, jobs, weather, people...Only if you live in NYC you benefit from culture (and I'm not talking about country music and Amish quilts).