News From Senator's Office - Suspended Adjudication

pad20001

Registered Users (C)
Dear xxxxxx,

I contacted INS regarding your pending 485s. At this time, INS is not processing any 485s. The U.S. Attorney General has suspended adjudication for national security reasons. Your case is pending at the Nebraska Service Center. It was received on September 14, 2001. They are currently working on cases received on or before August 1, 2001. Your case should go to an officer for adjudication shortly after the suspension is lifted. As of this date, there is no estimation of when processing will resume.

Thank You,

xxxxxx

My RD Aug/01/2001
ND Sep/14/2001
Columbus, OH

Thanks for good info

Pad, Can you please tell us when you received this memo from your senator's office. Have you contacted your Attorney after you received this. What was his response. Any further details are much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi cinci2002,

I emailed to senators office yestarday with all my details and got the reply same evening. They are pretty good...........

I did not send this reply to my attorney, is it useful to send to attorney? I dont think so 'cos he'll give the same explanation.

Any info. needed let me know.

Thanks

Pad, Thanks for your response. I would contact the Attorney and have him call INS to get the status. That way we will have a confirmed status as to what is going on in NSC.

I am from Cincinnati,OH and my RD is 08/15/01 and still waiting. Thanks agian and Good luck.

Pad can I contact u ?

Pad20001 :

Can u please provide your contact as I am also trying to find out my case status by approaching senators office

any help is appreciated

Thanks
GS

I spoke with my attorney earlier this week and was told the same. They have temporarily suspended adjudication. My attorney did not know when they would resume again except that they would have to. I am wondering whether CP cases are still getting adjudicated. A collegue of mine just got back with his CP approval.

Is the temporary suspending of adjudicating 485 cases only at NSC or is applicable for all service centers?

Hopefully next week things will change ....

somebody this chat told me today that in vermont they have started approving cases right from the 5th of this month. what is wrong with nebraska always late in everything

Miami INS

My friend went to Miami District Office today and waited 7 hours to be told that they were not processing/approving anything. My friend passed his interview on Nov. 6th, does anybody think there is a chance for approvals next week? Otherwise we need to cancel a long planned vacation.

To PAD2001

Pad,
Could you please post how to find the contact information for senators in Ohio/ I would appreciate if you can provide the email contact information for columbus ohio senators. Thanks!

chk the below:

Casework

The Ohio casework office is designed to assist Ohioans in resolving specific problems with federal, state, and/or local agencies. Congressional caseworkers assume the role of a liaison between the Ohio Constituent and the appropriate govenment agency. The caseworker is responsible for exploring all avenues that are possibly available for resolution of the constituent's concerns.

Senators DeWine and Voinovich strongly believe in promoting efficiency within the Federal Government. As a result, the Ohio Senators have created a joint casework office. This combined effort will save taxpayers money while more efficiently aiding the citizens of Ohio.

The Internet has provided constituents a quicker avenue to help themselves. Therefore, we have listed here frequently asked questions, along with specific links to online agencies should you want to contact the agency directly.

All casework is handled via the joint casework office located in Columbus, Ohio. The office address and phone number is:

Senators Mike DeWine and George Voinovich
37 West Broad Street, Suite 300
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614) 469-6774

The office also operates a toll-free casework number at 1-800-205-OHIO and can be reached via e-mail at: caseworker_dewine@dewine.senate.gov.

PAd2001 Thank you for the Information

Pad,
Thank you for responding to my request. So if we reside in cols, ohio all we have to do is email the case workers at the email you provided and we will hear something back from them correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wonder why wouldn't people wait to go for ultimate measures like this unless 1) in imminent layoff mode or 2) receipt date is past 'official' processing time or similar urgent situations rather than plain curiousities. This way nobody would flood the NSC or senator with inquiries.

Updated 12/10/2002: 485 Freeze: When Will It Be Lifted?

The INS HQ is reluctant to admit it officially, but currently adjudication of I-485 is on hold across the board. No one knows what has caused the decision of freeze and more importantly when it will be lifted. It reminds people of the long and painful freeze of 485 applications a few years back pending CIA clearance, which contributed to a mountain of 485 backlogs to the level of over 2 years of 485 processing times. No one knows the exact cause this time around, but one wonders whether it has something to the on-going special registration programs. Please stay tuned to this web site for development of this news.

From my attorney.. a bit skeptical I guess

There has been a temporary "freeze" on the processing/close out of adjustment of status and naturalization cases for about one month now.
It supposidly relates to some type of security patch which is needed for the INS system to ensure that all FBI and other security checks have been concluded. Depending on what memo you read, it should be completed sometime next week. However, they have been saying that for the last couple of weeks so it is uncertain, in my mind, when the freeze will be lifted.

some more thought

as INS is still issuing RFE clearly they haven't stopped adjudication (probably that is the reason why these IIOs keep telling "no freeze" etc. just being polotically correct). I am sure if there is a official halt they wouldn't have hesitated a bit in saying that things have stopped here don't bother to call.

So I tend to believe the rumour that some security upgrade is going on which is hindering the ultimate approval (which is evident)

now why all INS would stop approval at the same time. Again this can only happen when the upgrade is on some central system to which they interface. why they can't give any date? I guess most of us know how this software upgrades are and how easily they overshoot (specially in those govt. dept).

I have reason to believe that one fine morning this system upgrade will happen and we should start getting our approval.

best of luck to all

I spoke to the local congressman's immigration dept, they said positively the all the cases were on hold for secutiy reasons till futher notice.