News from India Currents magazine..

tt tt

Registered Users (C)
For whatever this info is worth and knowing that predicting INS on 485 approvals is on par with predicting when UBL will be caught :)

I read in the latest issue of India Currents magazine with Jhumpa Lahiri on the cover( that is printed here in San Jose) that the 485 movement will start from Jan 2004. This was the opinion of the lawyer who answers questions on immigration topics.

tt tt

Read it here I-485s (applications for adjustment of status) are low-priority

Q: I filed my application for permanent residence status (I-485), and it was received by INS on Jan 7, 2002. I gave my fingerprints in May 2002. Till now I haven’t received my final green card approval. I have had my Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and parole visa extended twice already. How long do I go on extending my status? Please advise me about what to expect.

A: I-485s (applications for adjustment of status) are low-priority with the service centers. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has advised that starting January 2004, they will start making progress in processing I-485 applications. Until your application is approved, you will have to continue to renew your EAD and advance parole annually.

I still can't beleive that u beleive what the lawyers say !! They just need an orfice to tell us shit !! In Jan 2004 the same lawyer will say that files will start moving in Mar 2004.

Originally posted by killerboy
I still can't beleive that u beleive what the lawyers say !! They just need an orfice to tell us shit !! In Jan 2004 the same lawyer will say that files will start moving in Mar 2004.

Amen!!

Originally posted by killerboy

You are right this story never ends!!!!!!!

if you read my 'disclaimer' before the quote..

I dont trust it either...but are not most of us here living on hope ?