News from CSC Liason Meeting

inWaiting

Registered Users (C)
I'm not sure if this has gone around already, but I thought I would share this with you all the same. Source is http://www.lewslaw.com

Receipt Notices
A number of cases filed in February 2003 have not received receipts. These appear to be primarily cases, which were filed with the lower fee. CSC indicated that headquarters is working on this problem and hopes to issue receipt notices in the future (time line unknown). CSC was requested to advise the local BCIS offices of this problem, so that cancelled checks could be presented in lieu of the receipt when applying for an interim EAD card. For those needing to travel and thus requiring a receipt, CSC will entertain a request and issue a receipt (processing time could be 30 days).

Adjustment Applications
The adjudication of these cases is not a priority at this time. Inquiries can only be made on cases that are 30 days beyond the date noted on the Just in Time Report. CSC is not in a position to adjudicate cases just because fingerprints may be expiring. Notices for re-fingerprinting will be issued.

Employment Authorization Applications (EAD)
The processing of EAD applications should improve in the future. CSC hopes that by the end of May 2003, processing time will be within 90 days.

Request for Evidence (RFE)
If a response to an RFE was received by BCIS more than 90 days ago without a decision, an inquiry may be made. The inquiry system is now just a two-tier system, i.e. sending a fax to the Product Line and after 15 calendar days, an email may be sent to Division XII.

NSEERS Registration
If a beneficiary or applicant appears to be subject to NSEERS Registration, CSC will need to verify that registration has occurred before granting the benefit.

News had been already posted, but without the link. Thanks for posting this.

I think the news is about the 90 days post RFE inquiry. I know quite a few people who got RFE just before the over Christmans freeze, and are still stuck waiting for the adjudication to come through more than 90 days after BCIS/INS got the response.

My 2 cents

I already waited 152 days, after the RFE recv by INS, still no any response, My lawyer said, she already sent enquiry. (I know she's laying)
you see when INS does not tell any truth about our case, I guess, the lawyer also doing the same thing.

what is she laying?
There are many good lawyers. You can also send a fax. There are some on this board who have (I didnt).

good luck...

ok..

delay on EAD, delay on AOS, delay on RFEs
why do they need a liason meeting to announce that.

Re: ok..

Originally posted by tt tt
why do they need a liason meeting to announce that ?.

coz .. there they are served free single topping pizza slices and free soda of 2 kinds (coke and sprite) ... that is why