NEWS for IV Applicants from CALCUTTA!

Wrote to Mumbai Consulate. Waiting for their reply.

But even if I do Medicals at Calcutta, I still have to get the photos taken at Mumbai as there is no place in Calcutta that knows about Immigration style photo. Since my interview is on a Monday, that means, I may have to go to Mumbai on Saturday and get the photos the same day. Alternately, I can go to Mumbai on Sunday, and get the photos taken inside the Consulate on the day of Interview.

Alren,
The info on Medicals in Calcutta are not in my P4. Neither have I read any experience on Medicals in Calcutta. This info is only at their website. I dont feel comfortable going for Medicals to Calcutta blindly, without asking the Consulate, and without reading any posts from people who have done medicals in Calcutta.

This is not a situation where I am willing to take a shot in the dark.

Sansin,

If I were you I would contact some of the doctors in Cal and ask them if they have done some medicals so far. With regards to the Photos, the instructions are available .. any good photo lab in Calcutta will be able to get it done for you. If it does not work out, you can always get it done inside the Mumbai consulate (worst case). I am sure that Mumbai consulate will accept the medical reports from Calcutta physicians because these have been designated by them. Just make sure you go for your medicals a week in advance. That is what they say in the instructions.

S

sanjay,
good idea, but no clinic would say "you are going to be our first US-Visa Medical-Test candidate."

What about you. Are you considering Med-Test in Calcutta? Have you called up any of them? If you find out any more info, please do share it in this thread.

sansin said:
Alren,
The info on Medicals in Calcutta are not in my P4. Neither have I read any experience on Medicals in Calcutta. This info is only at their website. I dont feel comfortable going for Medicals to Calcutta blindly, without asking the Consulate, and without reading any posts from people who have done medicals in Calcutta.

This is not a situation where I am willing to take a shot in the dark.
It seems that the calcutta info is fairly new ( I would think not more then a monthd old). If the consulate's website says so, I don't see any reason why they will not accept it. Also consulate is not going to point to any experiences.

Sansin,

you are right ..but if Mumbai consulate has designated doctors then they should accept the medicals from them. I guess the best thing is to reach out to Mumbai or call them and ask the question.. which you have already started doing.. like you .. I am thinking of getting mine done in Cal.. depends on the timing of my interview also.. I am far away from my interview ... I just sent my Fee bill back to NVC. But Cal is much more convineant for me .. I am not too worried about the photos as one can get them in the Mumbai consulate (worst case).

pl let me know if you hear anything from Mumbai.

thanks.
S

This is the reply I got back from the Consulate:

"the medical examinations can be done at any of our panel physician
facilities in Mumbai or Kolkata, the choice is yours."

Great! So it can be done in Calcutta then... I guess you are all set Sansin.
I would just get it done in Calcutta ...

Thanks!

S

Medicals at Calcutta

Finally able to contact Apollo GlenEagles Hospital at Calcutta.
I spoke to one Ms. Pronoti Choudhury who seemed quite hospitable and polite.

She confirmed that I can pick up the test results in person. However, the report would be given day after next day morning. So, if my test is on August 25, I would get the report in hand on August 27 morning. This is an inconvenience, but if you have the time, I suppose its OK.

Here is the information I got from them. But note that the info on Reports to be dispatched to the Consulate, is wrong, as confirmed by Ms. Choudhury. The reports have to be picked up in person.

Thanks a lot Sansin! So you still going to get your medicals done in Mumbai??

What is the PH# for Ms. Choudhury??

S

You will find the phone number in the doc file attached.

BTW, the lady I spoke to, said that you are supposed to go and buy the vaccines. They do not provide the vaccines. They would merely inject them (really strange).

She also does not seem aware of the fact that there is a list of vaccines as provided by the Consulate.

Maybe if I choose to get it done in Cal, I should probably go to Dr. Mehta.. they might be more knowledgeable...

S

sansin said:
You will find the phone number in the doc file attached.

BTW, the lady I spoke to, said that you are supposed to go and buy the vaccines. They do not provide the vaccines. They would merely inject them (really strange).

She also does not seem aware of the fact that there is a list of vaccines as provided by the Consulate.

I would still suggest Apollo, as they are a full-fledged hospital, where you can get everything done. At Dr. Mehta's clinic, he would check you first, then send you to another lab for the x-ray and blood-test, and then check those reports. So, there would be more running around if you do it at Dr. Mehta's. At Apollo, everything is in-house.