News flash: I-485 freeze lifted today

gcard2002

Registered Users (C)
Good news atlast. INS lifted the 'freeze' on I-485 petitions. INS HQ confirmed this AILA today. Expecting lots of approvals from district offices and service centers in the next few weeks. That's great.

Go to www.immigration-law.com for update.

great news!!!

that is a great news. Let us hope for the similar updates at other immigration sites. still not a single approval at NSC.

Remember that these newsgroups constitute an extremely small part of all applicants. Sometimes people feel that no approval on these boards means no approval. That can't possibly be true. With all the cases pending, a few thousand that my follow this board is insignificant.

This does make sence

If you have noticed that there are 6 approval posted from VSC in rupnet, which confirms the breaking news of 'Freez is over'.
Let's hope that we will see some movement on NSC.

Remember it's still the NSC (incompetant band of idiots) processing these cases.

In summary, ya good news freeze has been lifted, bad news the same riff raff is still there.

Guess we can only hope.

Good thoughts Jim,

I suggest we all send the www.immigration-law paraghaph to our attorney and ask for a confirmation.

Also can anyone provide the AILA statement saying that the lift is over?

I went to the AILA website (www.aila.org) and could not find anything...

I have not read any news about the freeze being lifted on any other websites. I guess if we see some approvals next week we can believe it but until I see some approvals I am skeptical.

Don't be skeptical

It is true. INS has informed AILA that the "freeze" is over. I extracted the text below from AILA Infonet:

INS Says Halt Lifted on Approvals of Adjustments/Naturalizations

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03011070 (Jan. 10, 2003) ."

INS Headquarters has advised AILA that the problems with the FBI checks have been resolved, and that approvals of adjustment of status and naturalization applications are proceeding.

Originally posted by RAJ5
I have not read any news about the freeze being lifted on any other websites. I guess if we see some approvals next week we can believe it but until I see some approvals I am skeptical.

Follow other forums...
there have been several approvals this week at VSC and I believe a few at CSC.

Originally posted by suresh_colo
alanpero2,

Could you please give us the link to the AILA / INS page stating that the freeze is over?

thanks

It is a secured site. It requires to be member of AILA and a password. But, trust me it is in there. If your lawyer is a member of AILA, he/she should be able to access to that and certify that document was posted in AILA Infonet. Regards

Still no approval at NSC

It doesn't give any meaning to "freeze is over" until we see any approval @ NSC. There are approvals today on rupnet at CSC and VSC. What is up with NSC :mad:

Well folks, I think the reality is finally sinking in. I have never been a pessimist but now I think I am losing my hopes. This appears to be a silent moratarium on Green Cards. I have seen several interviews on Fox Network O'Reilly Factor and the guy repeatedly calls for a GC moratarium. He brings all anti-immigrant lobbyists to the show and they talk about all terrorists (read immigrants) coming to USA and this should be stopped by a moratarium on GCs until they can get their house in order, but a minimum of 2 years. They have also advocated strongly Special Registration procedures, which have all come true. I think this silence on part of INS to publicly accept a moratarium is a strategy to avoid public debate over the issue. I hope this is NOT the case but as I said, I've lost hope.

If someone can cheer me up with a more positive news, I promise to be an optimist again.

:(

Unfortunately,you are right bud

Bill oreilly,is a bigot,and a republican bigot,and Fox NEws is extremely Right wing
Their issues are mixed up...
As for my views on this now,this country is good,but not that good that I am putting up with so much of shit,just so that I can live and work here,just so that my spouse can live and work here (and we are both techies in senior positions),and contribute to the US economy..I mean "hello!!!"
and the anti-H1 lobbying doesnt help..what people dont get is that H1s dint cause the economy fall out or the layoffs ...rogue executive management,who swindled millions and millions of dollars did...
but they need someone to lash out dont they...
What abt the huge amt of taxes,and no benefits that H1s go thru!!!
oh well to hell with everyone in the US of A..if this is their attitude to law abiding contributing people like us,then I spit on their faces..if they announce a moratorium,then to hell with them..it's back home for me..

I can only take this much of shit...to a point
Jack

Doesn't matter

If it works or if it doesn't. My future is not at the mercy of anything. I think I stongly believe that whatever happens .. happens for some good in life.

Irrespective of what they say in press briefs, I think there is an unspoken consensus among all those who matter in INS and Government to do their bit to make sure immigrants don't stay back in this country permanently. There is a strong feeling of anti immigration as never before. Look at the changes we have had recently. You can keep applying for 7th year extensions to your H-1B forever. Which is a great boon for thousands of outsiders. But in fact, it is to make sure that the person is allowed to stay if the US company needs him to. They let you stay in 1 year increments (it sucks, because you never have visibility for a long time, hence can't decide on buying a home etc...) and have the option of kicking you out when you are no longer needed. On the other hand, drastically slow down on GC approvals and approve one or two here and there in VSC etc. If they stop completely, that will be too visible and will be asking for huge criticism. Even for an optimist, I think its pretty clear immigrants are NOT welcome in this country any more. Guys, I hate to say this, but it is to do a lot more with Republican and Democratic manifestos than Sep 11th. They don't want to kick every non-permanent guy by the end of the month ONLY because they are scared they will get a backlash from the industry. That Bill O'railey was doing only anti-immigration for the last month or so. Thats all is on his mind. Any immigrant is a potential terrorist, so kick them all out. And its unbelievable how many americans think he is so right ! Its sad.

If Bill O'Reilly Ever Runs The Country I am Outta Here

To a certain extent I agree with Jack. O'Reilly is a right wing sanctimonious bozo. I really do not agree that anything on his show really represents the prevailing view on immigration from any of the decision makers.

For anyone who has been through a major software change in a distributed environment knows, it is very difficult to train all of your users across all locations at the same time. It looks like VSC are using the new system, so they have probably finished training there. We have seen some activity from CSC, so it is likely that NSC and TSC will be up and running soon. There is no evidence that is is a indefinite freeze, in fact the evidence is to the contrary.

We all knew when we signed up for the GC process that it was going to be a long wait. (We did not know how long). Eventually we will get our day in the sun.