news about the freeze from Murthy.com

vannakkam

Registered Users (C)
Question One : When will the "freeze" be over?

Answer : It appears that, at least for I-485 (Adjustment of Status) cases, there has been a thawing of the "freeze." As we reported December 20, 2002 in our article, Update on Processing Delays, the INS states that they have nearly completed their upgrade of the computer background check systems. This will allow them to obtain the needed feedback. They stated that they are currently able to obtain the needed information, but that the "freeze" has created a backlog.

EDITORIAL COMMENTS : In tracking our own I-485 cases, we received what we believe to be the first "post-freeze" approval. The Law Office of Sheela Murthy received an I-485 approval from the Vermont Service Center (VSC) last week. The case, filed November 30, 2001, was approved December 16, 2002. The notice arrived a few days after the approval. Prior to the receipt of this notice, our Office experienced a three-week break in approval notices. Given our caseload, this three-week hiatus was unusual and attributable to the "freeze." We will continue to track these matters.

Optimistic

I hope Nebraska also, works in that direction. Anyway thanks for a positive update.

This is good pals!

Very very good to hear.
Some good news after a long long time.
Come on Nebbies! Wake up....

where was this?

Vanakkam

Where did u see this piece in murthy.com?
Am not able to locate this in the website.

one more piece of info

The following is a question asked by the AILA liaison committee to INS HQ, and their response (posted on the AILA web site today):

Question: "Please provide an update on the following regarding FBI clearances:

the status of the FBI clearances generally

which filings are currently affected by the FBI clearances

whether all required computer enhancements are in place at the service centers

have any I-485 approvals been issued by the service centers since the decision was made to await the receipt of an affirmative response from the FBI

how large are the backlogs

when it is likely the backlogs will be cleared."

Response: "Approval notices are being issued on some I-485 applications, including some age-out expedite applications. Claims 3 responses are trickling in. No additional information is available to Service Center Operations at this time."

Adjustee,

Can you please post the URL for AILA Q&A with INS you mentioned in your previous post?

thanks,
Neb_queue

Nope!

This info was from the subsribers area of aila.org.

Found the piece of info on Ron Gotcher's immigration-information.com.

thanks