Newborn child inclusion - Urgent

babu1971

Registered Users (C)
At present my interview was waived and just done medicals for me and my wife.

My wife delivered a boy couple of weeks ago and we have not yet informed canadian embassy yet.

We are planning to send our son to india for few years, so we do not want to file immigration for him now.

Can anyone please suggest what to do and what are the implications on this? Can I inform Embassy about my son and does not want to file immigration for him at this stage?

What is the best option?

thanks

Babu

Babu:

* You "HAVE TO" inform CIC wheher your son joins and immigrates with you right now or in future or whether he never comes to Canada.
* Best option iis to apply for him with you. That's what CIC advised me.

Mayank

babu

Thanks for your reply.

Yesterday I went to medicals.

doctor advised me not to inform consulate if I am not planning to file for my child. He also said there is no problem.

What will happen if I do not inform consulate?

please reply.

Babu

CIC web site says; you need to inform birth of a child, whether he/she joins with you right now. This will creat problem for you if you are planning for your son in future. Consult website www.cic.gc.ca or immigration attorney for Canada for more info.

Mayank

babu

thanks for your reply.

My child is a US citizen and he does not need to file for canada immigraiton. I have filed for me and wife safeside because if we do not get US green card in future.

In this case Can I avoid informing consulate?

I have only fear that consualte may insist to file for my child and pay the application fees and also delay my landing papers till his papers are filed. I just want to avoid that expenditure.

Please reply.

thanks

There is no way you can avoid informing Canadian Immigration, unless you want to have problems in future for your kid if in any case you decide to move to Canada. You "HAVE TO" inform them whether you want to include him in future or not. Period. They will insist you to apply for your son also and its better for you to include him.

Babu:

This is the answer for your question on Canadian Consulate's web site, Buffalo.

My wife has recently given birth. Do I need to add this child to our application? Do I need to get a passport for the baby? What are the next steps?

Answer:

If your child was born in Canada, he/she is a Canadian Citizen and does not need to be added to your application. You must send a copy of the baby's birth certificate to our office but no medical examination or fee is required. If your child was born outside of Canada, he/she must be added to the application. You must submit a copy of the baby's birth certificate, the processing fee (currently $150.00 Canadian) and the baby must be medically examined. You must also obtain a passport for the baby.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am...501&typ=1#MAKING A CHANGE TO YOUR APPLICATION

Mayank

thanks

Hi mayank,

My sincere thanks to you. This info is very much useful to me. I am going to inform consulate.

Thanks

babu

I also had US born child and I informed

I have also a child of US born. But when I applied, child was not there. After certain time of application passed, I got child. I just informed Consulate. Consulate replied, file for child also. Child has USA passport, but I applied for child also. Well, for my child, there was no medical examination.

I suggest you, just inform them. No need to apply and spend money, If you dont want to settle in Canada forever. But after informing embassy, whatever embassy suggests, do that.