Newbie question

bkd52

Registered Users (C)
ok, I am a newbie to the citizenship forum. I have read through a bunch of posts but still have some pretty basic questions:

(1) I obtained my GC through EB3 employment and always used an attorney.I have a straightforward case, no hanky-panky. The ONLY issue if at all may be that I got laid off 3 months after I got GC, but then got another job.
Is the N-400/Citizenship process as simple as so that I can comfortably apply using N400 form myself, or it is better left to an attorney?

(2) I will complete 5 calendar years on Feb 15, 2009. I was outside the US on vacations for a total of 60 days. Can I still apply at 5years-90days => November 15, 2008? or do I have to deduct the 60 vacation days and apply January 15, 2009?

Thanks;

PD 9/6/2001
GC 2/15/2004

(1) I obtained my GC through EB3 employment and always used an attorney.I have a straightforward case, no hanky-panky. The ONLY issue if at all may be that I got laid off 3 months after I got GC, but then got another job.
Is the N-400/Citizenship process as simple as so that I can comfortably apply using N400 form myself, or it is better left to an attorney?
Yes, you can apply for citizenship yourself, no need to waste monay on a lawyer. Your getting laid off will not affect your citizenship case.

(2) I will complete 5 calendar years on Feb 15, 2009. I was outside the US on vacations for a total of 60 days. Can I still apply at 5years-90days => November 15, 2008? or do I have to deduct the 60 vacation days and apply January 15, 2009?
Yes, you can apply 5years -90 days if you have been living continuously in US for 30+ months. I presume the 60 days were spread over many years.

To avoid possible problems do not apply exactly 5 years less 90 days.

It is a fairly lengthy process a few days won't be a big deal so use 5 years less 80/85 days to be safe.