Newark Transfer - Received Interview Notice

vsctemp

Registered Users (C)
My case was transferred to newark on july 11th and I received the interview letter on July 31st. My interview is in two weeks.

I was asked to do the medical once again. Does anyone know if this is a standard requirement for all the local transfers. Please respond.

I was part of a discussion earlier where I had asked someone how long it may take from transfer to receiving the interview notice and got the responce of three to four weeks. That answer was very helpfull as I got my interview notice within three weeks.

Somehow there arent that many newark xfer discussions here, most of them are for baltimore. Wake up guys and start contributing so that there may be many of others who would benefit from the Q&A process.

Good luck

PD 07/98 EB3 INDIA

No Title

Hi vsctemp:

I had my interview in Newark on July 26th. We did do medicals
again - even though the attorney said they are not required. But
my interviewer did ask if I have new medicals. I wonder what he
would have said had I answered \'no\'. To be safe, I think you
should just redo the medical.

As for what to take, it is a laundry list of things related to
your employment, past immigration status, marriage etc. I was
only asked for employment letter, advance parole, passport, medicals,
birth certificates, and EAD (and baby\'s US birth certificate).

We did not receive our approval as the officer said that they have
sent the information for CIA check and we have to wait for 60 days.
Let us know the result of your interview.

good luck.

The medical report is valid for 15 months

So if you have waited too long, you may need to redo it. Don\'t let a redo distract you.

Thanks local transfer

I will certainly post my experience. I seemed to have got the local transfer as I received the RFE as the stupid dumb ass doctor forgot to sign the medical papers. This was a costly lesson.

People please check all documents before you send them.

Important

I am not sure why you need to redo medical. I never heard it earlier and it had nothing to do with local transfer. I and many friends approved through local transfer non of us were asked for medical again.

I think interview date has noting to do with transfer date. You get interview based on you PD, ND, processing time date and visa bulletin date. Unless your visa bulletin date (compare with PD) and processing time date (compare with ND) becomes current you can\'t get interview notice. Also whoever have PD older has first priority. After that ND comes in picture. If there are two person with same PD then whoever has ND earlier gets first priority. I think same thing happens for direct approval cases at central processing centers.

Re: Medical

Along with the interview notice they have sent me the medical forms. I am assuming they would want me to do medical. And in the interview notice among all the other things they had requested they also requested valid medical test papers. I already have a copy of my AP, Support, employment letter and so on. But where would you get the medical, I don’t think copies are valid as they are supposed to be original and sealed in an envelope. You get my point.

Good Luck vsctemp

I also had to redo medicals. Officer didn\'t ask for it. I had interview in newark on 7/26. My officer put a stamp in my passport that I appeared for the interview and the final approval is pending due to CIA check. This check takes 60 days and I believe that this 60 days period start when the local office first opens your file. In my case, 60 days are getting over in last week of Aug. I had posted my interview expirience earlier under the name "GC Circle"

vstemp, not ur fault

after all the doctor gives a sealed cover so not in your hands, Good Luck out there, just do the medical redo!!