Newark Stamping ques - please please please answer - very urgent

485sub

Registered Users (C)
Guys who had their PPs stamped recently(on Wednesday):

What time did you reach INS? and how long did the whole process take...what time were you out?

I am going for stamping this Wed(26th Feb) at 8AM. I want to take a good guess of what time I will be out of the INS as I have a very important work to attend to that noon.

Will post my experience once done....

Thanks

Newark INS Stamping expr....

Hi,

I can give you my personal exp. and cannot guarantee that this
would be same for all.

I reached the Newark federal building at 8:30 AM, walked into
the building from the orchard st. entrance. Took the elevator
to the 10th floor and was given a token number, was called to the counter in about 15 min. Got stamped and was out of the room by 9 AM. so the complete process took around 30 mins.

Good luck.

Damn-GC

Hi,

We went there at 8.30Am and finished stamping by 9.20Am, and we waited 15 mins inside to be called, handed over the passports and all docs, then again they called us after 10 mins, stamped the PP.

Good Luck.

thanks

Thanks Damn-GC and vamgc!

You were lucky....

anybody with other experience??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I reached there at 8 AM and was out at 11:30 AM. I went on Feb 12 and there were a lot of people on that day.

Got passport stamped on Feb. 5. Arrived there around 8:45. The room number on the approve letter was 334. At the first level, we were told it should be on 13th floor. Took elevator to the 13th floor, the officer there sent us back to 10th floor. It turned out that 10th floor was for the SSN application. The officer on the 10th floor told us that the immigration stamping is on the second floor, room 200 and he was right. About 6-7 people were waiting on line when we arrived at the office. Got all done in about half an hour. Went back to 10th floor to replace the SSN. It took almost two hours to get our turn (only one window is open for the SSN application). Got out of the federal biulding at exactly 12:00pm. Good Luck

sagar10

Did you get your SS card replaced too.....or just the stamping took that long....

We can apply for a new SS card any other day at any other SS office right?

stamped

Got our passports stamped yesterday(on Feb 26th). Arrived at the bldg at around 8:15AM(Orchard Street entrance). We were second in the line. We were told to go to 10th floor, room 1022 after security check. We got token numbers, got fingerprinted immediately, waited couple of minutes and when our (token) numbers were called went to the counter and handed over our
I-94s, EADs, APs, 2 photos, approval notices. Were asked to wait for background check. Called 20-25 min later and passports stamped. Were told actual cards would take 6-12 months. Were out by 9:30AM.

Went to SS office next door. Applied for new SS cards...took 2 hrs.
Came out of the bldg at 11:30AM.

485sub : Can you answer my questions please.
After applying for SSN, whats your opinion ? Is it required to change SSN on the same day ? Can it be done later at any of local SSN buildings ?
Is it convinient to take kids there ?. Did you see any body there bringing kids with them. We have a two year old. I don't know how he can handle waiting outside in the cold.

- Sajyra

Could someone Pl answer to my qts ....

Hi 485sub
Could you tell me if they accept copy of approval which we get or we need to take approval copy from lawyer also or either one is fine. Also can we take same kind of photos which we take for EAD and AP.
Do they issue same day new SSN cards in place of old ones after applying for them.
Also those have got stamped on otherthan wednesday,
is it ok to go on anyday or we may have any problems if we go on anyday. If so, pl let me know what kind of problems we may have.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Come on .....

You waited all this time for getting the GC and now you don't have time for this. I thought the day you got your GC was a time to relax , take a deeep breathe, cry over it and get back to life after forgetting the trouble/pain you went through. If you think you are short of time then I guess you can get that next wednesday ( I guess that is when they call for the stamping ) :D :D

Relax, enjoy and Congrats

Sajyra and mar8 - answers to your questions

Sajyra:
After applying for SSN, whats your opinion ? Is it required to change SSN on the same day ? Can it be done later at any of local SSN buildings ?
----- I asked the same question recently but got no answer....I think you could do it later(my guess)...but had time so did it on the same day.

Is it convinient to take kids there ?. Did you see any body there bringing kids with them. We have a two year old. I don't know how he can handle waiting outside in the cold.
----- I did see some people with kids...to take them or not is your decision depending on how quiet/active/hyper they are....

mar8:
Could you tell me if they accept copy of approval which we get or we need to take approval copy from lawyer also or either one is fine. Also can we take same kind of photos which we take for EAD and AP.
---yes they accept courtesy copy...yes same kind of photos(ADIT style) as for EAD and AP

Do they issue same day new SSN cards in place of old ones after applying for them.
--- no, you will receive them in 2 weeks in mail